lights not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lights not working

The lights on my bike are not working ( both Low and high beam ), the main light looks dark as if it may have blown, will this stop the high beam from working
    sigpic

Does it have one headlight or two - bikes with one headlight usually have a combined hi/low beam bulb. (so no, the hi beam won't work either).

Comment

According to the manual, there are 2

12 v 60/55 w H4
      12 v 55 w H7
      sigpic

Comment

Could be any number of things sounds like one is a dual element jobby H4 60 high 55 low (the H4 common car globe h7 isn't exactly rare etheir) usally if the low beam goes the high beam contiunes to work. However do any of the other lights work instrument tail etc etc. If so its probally the globes or depending ont he age of the bike and if you ride all weather it might be road grime in the switch gear (common problem on Honda's) check you fuses while you're at it. When installing Halogen bulbs be very sure not to directly handle the glass the residue off your finger will create hot spots and it will nuke itself again in pretty short order.

If you post a technical problem include the year model and brand of bike. Otherwise the answers tend to be very general.
        Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Check bulbs, check fuses.

Comment

^^ Very general answer.

Comment

All instrument and tails lights are working fine

I'll check the fuses first and go next to replacing the light bulbs

Thanks
              sigpic

Comment

Id say it will only have one fuse for all lights,therefor your fuse is most likley fine and the bulb/bulbs have gone, because youve got dash and tail lights.
                "YOU CAN TEACH A FAST RIDER TO STOP CRASHING,BUT YOU CANT TEACH A SLOW RIDER TOO RIDE FAST." Mick Doohan

Comment

Its likely however because the headlights draw high current they tend to be on a seperate circuit to everything else but it really depends on the manufacturer. The fact the other lights are working suggests a bulb but there are other things it could be.
                  Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

I'll sort it out on wed and let you know
                    sigpic

Comment

I Replaced bulbs and fuses, still no luck, I'm dropping it off tomorrow to Witch cycles

They said sounds like a wiring problem, it could be a 10 min thing or $$$
                      sigpic

Comment

I'd try cleaning our the switch blocks with contact cleaner and the contacts for the relays. You still havn't informed us what bike it is which is not very helpful for us to help you.

Comment

Sorry, it's a 04 gsxr750

It's never missed a beat, until now
                          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the advise guys. it ended up being a broken wire, $150
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X