Seat Re-Upholstering: Where to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat Re-Upholstering: Where to go?

My seat has definitely seen better days, result of the previous owner neglects towards the bike. Now that the bike is rolling closer to being painted soon I thought i'd get the thing repadded and reupholstered.

Any recommendations as in where to go and what sort of price range am I looking at?

Bike is a GPX250

Thanks

an old potato sac with an ocky strap around always worked for me, but if you need something better try the wreckers or ebay for a new aftermarket cover, there is also some guy who advertises in the m/c section of the quokka but i dont know how good he is
    I'm Living the dream. Really I am.

Comment

This has been done before .... http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...service-36648/

But basically I would recommend the following guy.

First Calss Motor Trimmers
      Kenwick 94930777

He was quick, cheap and did a good job. However he only trimmed my seat.

Good luck with it

Comment

or clark rubber for some new vinyl/foam... a staple gun... 10 minutes.. all done

Comment

Yeah, trimming is pretty easy to do yourself, just get some vinyl and foam..

Otherwise, the old boy got a heap of work done on his boat, and used The Trim Shop. Apparently they weren't too exxy, and they did an awesome job. Plus you'll be using marine grade stuff, so it'll be sure to last.

Great guys.
          c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

Highway Motor Trimmers in Midland/Midvale. Very good, should be able to do it piece of cake. get it done in suede...HA!
            Originally posted by kyliejane
            benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
            Originally posted by harns
            Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kwakas View Post
              get it done in suede...HA!
              Its a GPX, not a Vespa

Comment

^^Agreed. Get it done in shagpile.....
                c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

that would be oh so comfy...
                  Originally posted by kyliejane
                  benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
                  Originally posted by harns
                  Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

pretty sure i searched but nothing came up.

anyway i've talked to steve unkorovich? He reckons $100 in non-slip material and foam added. Sounds like a good price?

Comment

Not Bad... DIY would probably be about $25, but they'll do a much better job. I'd pay it.
                      c o o l s t o r y b r o

Comment

adding foam or taking some away and re-stapling the cover down is easy and i have done that myself and would recommend a DIY job. But for cutting out all new cover and all that I would probably just pay someone too and yeah $100 seems OK to me.

Comment

Working...
                        X