Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering a speed triple

Hi Guys,
    Riddle me this. My girl's bike is an '07 Speed Triple, she is an '81 midget. She wants the bike lowered by ~10cm's and she doesn't want to switch bikes. I've consulted the google, but clearly i lose at the internet. Can anyone recommend a spring manufacturer who might make something that fits these requirements?
    "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Its not just springs. Lowering links for the rear shock might help if available, as well as carving out some of the seat foam.

I cant see 100mm worth tho.

There is plenty of stuff like this available for an R6 - dunno about the Triumph
    Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

Please don't screw with the suspension geometry too much.
      Try scalloping the seat foam for starters.
      Is she tiptoes or ball of foot on the ground?
      Both sides? You only really need 1, I understand it's a pain, but I knew a 5' girl who rode a 748 very well indeed.
      She just had to find kerbs when she needed to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
        Please don't screw with the suspension geometry too much.
        Try scalloping the seat foam for starters.
        Is she tiptoes or ball of foot on the ground?
        Both sides? You only really need 1, I understand it's a pain, but I knew a 5' girl who rode a 748 very well indeed.
        She just had to find kerbs when she needed to stop.
        She's tiptoes on both sides, we'll try the seat foam first.
        I found these guys... Lowering Kits
        If all else fails, we'll go with one of these, we're going to have to lower it for sure though, manouevering is a problem for her, even in our driveway.
        "In all the human societies we have ever reviewed, in every age and in every state, there has seldom if ever been a shortage of eager young males prepared to kill and die to preserve the security, comfort and prejudices of their elders, and what you call heroism is just an expression of this fact; there is never a scarcity of idiots." -The Culture

Comment

Is the street tripple any lower? 100mm is a lot.
          Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Don't screw up a speed triple

The baby jesus is crying right now, and it's all you and your girlfriends fault.

As they said, cut foam. I believe gsxr girl off this forum got boots made with largeish soles on them so she could touch down on a new gsxr also.

Comment

Before you get all drastic, get her to ride around on it a bit. It might be that she can find a way to work with it, she's just not used to it.

i'll help you talk her into it. And provide comedy value trying to keep up on rides

Ultimately, i suppose i'd be prepared to swap her her old bike back...
              Originally posted by zobo
              I'd be more prolific in answering but I thought of a use for the othe

Comment

Originally posted by MikeC View Post
                Before you get all drastic, get her to ride around on it a bit. It might be that she can find a way to work with it, she's just not used to it.

i'll help you talk her into it. And provide comedy value trying to keep up on rides

Ultimately, i suppose i'd be prepared to swap her her old bike back...
                I'll let her know of your princely offer, just don't blame me if she kills you

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
                  Don't screw up a speed triple

The baby jesus is crying right now, and it's all you and your girlfriends fault.

As they said, cut foam. I believe gsxr girl off this forum got boots made with largeish soles on them so she could touch down on a new gsxr also.
                  That's actually quite a good idea. we had a look at the seat and existing suspension, we can easily get ~2-3 centimetres which should be enough.. But shoes, now why didn't I think of that....

Comment

Originally posted by MikeC View Post
                    For sure, it's only difficult to ride when she puts her feet down I presume?
                    Just don't stop.
                    Fit oggies and sliders so if there is a driveway slip, nothing is buggered, she'll find a way to make it work I'm sure.

Comment

The seat option should be enough, if she can tip toe both sides now, a little off the height of the seat and some off each side of the seat will make a huge difference

Comment

Working...
                      X