radiator/oil cooler guards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radiator/oil cooler guards

Who does them or when can i get some ....

i know WS did them, dare I say it anyone got a email for him or know anybody else that does them

cheers dave

WS Phone PM'ed
    Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Looking at putting together one myself, just never found where to buy the mesh. Not looked that hard yet either, will check it out when I get back in a couple weeks.
      "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Dunno if you're after a particular mesh but if you went to a company that manufactures security screens/doors they'd probably let you have scrap pieces for not much

Comment

Has anyone ever had one of those oil coolers get a rock, stick or some other debri through it?
          Click here to see my Ducati 999R in the PSB garage... You'll love it!

Don't click here to see my ZX9R aka The Ginger Ninja... there's no link!

Comment

Made a custom screen for the RS radiator on my 998.

When I get back home will pot up the place in Welshpool
            that sells the mesh, was about $30 a square meter.
            Rubber edges rom Clark rubber was $10 and a can of paint
            to spray the guard $10.

So one sheet should be able to split between a number of peeps.

Will post more when home, leaving Indo today.

Comment

Originally posted by Nero Diablo View Post
              WS Phone PM'ed
              Buyer Beware
              My Turbo Build

Thanks to Sponsors:
              Motorcycle Panel & Paint
              Q-Zar Fremantle
              Rated-R Parts
              PerthStreetBikes.com and it's generous members
              Carlisle Printing - Deals for PSB members
              CIC - Competition & Industrial Coatings
              Carpet Liquidators - Midland

Comment

Originally posted by rod View Post
                Has anyone ever had one of those oil coolers get a rock, stick or some other debri through it?
                I was on a coutry ride once and a twig went through the radiator of one of the bikes and all the coolant was lost by the time we stopped.
                Good thing it wasn't mine
                http://www.aplaccounting.com.au

Comment

Originally posted by rod View Post
                  Bugger that - Locust season is coming up!
                  Took about 2 months to get the last bits of cooked legs and stuff out last time.......
                  “The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. - W Churchill”

Comment

Search the forum for "Daywalker" he's done a great job of making up a guard out of some mesh from a security company and some clark rubber edging.

edit - forgot - as far as getting hold of the security mesh, i'd head out to one of the security companies or their factory and see if you can just grab an off cut. Be surprised if they'd charge you for it.

Comment

Originally posted by corks67 View Post
                      Who does them or when can i get some ....

i know WS did them, dare I say it anyone got a email for him or know anybody else that does them

cheers dave
                      I know you can get them on eBay and through Rilusi as well, might be a little more pricey though...

Comment

Go into Supercheap and buy one of the sheets of SAAS universal mesh (1200mm x 280mm) for $30. It comes in all sorts of colours (blue, red, silver, black from memory) then just cut it to size, bang it on with some cable ties or wrap it around some bolts and hey presto you have yourself a blingy radiator or oil cooler guard.

"At the start of the season, you can’t win the championship in the first round, but you can lose it.” - Travis Pastrana

"If your mind can conceive it then
                        your hands can achieve it"- Nigel Petrie (Engineeredtoslide.com)

Comment

Cannot think of his forum name, but he rides a Honda and did do the exhaust system on the MAD BIKE.
                          Get his radiator screen, well made good looks, fits well and no hasles.
                          Is the same as the Rilusi ones!
                          I have got them on my bikes and they are the full PIZZA

Comment

I was just advised that if I was being charged for the piece I want it would be $8 for a sheet of 0.8mm stainless steel security mesh 300mm x 200mm

So even if the security company did charge you it shouldn't be an arm and a leg.

Unfortunately I cannot divulge where that quote came from as then I might be disenbrothered.
                            Unlikely adventures require unlikely tools.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamathi View Post
                              Cannot think of his forum name, but he rides a Honda and did do the exhaust system on the MAD BIKE.
                              Get his radiator screen, well made good looks, fits well and no hasles.
                              Is the same as the Rilusi ones!
                              I have got them on my bikes and they are the full PIZZA
                              Yeah thats WS , due to internal PSB politicts which I don't want to get into
                              1. because like most politics its probally stupid and petty.
                              2. I really don't give a rats,
                              he is not longer on this site I will leave it at that.
                              Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Working...
                              X