Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What oils do you recommend

Hi,

I have a Bimota SB6 which is a 95/96 model and uses the suzuki GSX-R 1100 engine of the period.

I have only recently bought the bike, so i want to replace the oils and fluids etc. The bike has done 27,000 K and 4th gear is slightly noisy, just wondering what oil you would recommend using?

Steve

Fuchs Lubricants = Silkoline. Good stuff.
    I love two strokes. Because they annoy the shit out of people. ^_^

Comment

Motul... Also good stuff.
      Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

I run Silkole pro 4 plus ? im my machine, Will set you back around 110 for 4 litres, the pro sets you back around 90

Comment

Crisco.

Comment

Olive Oil Ga Ga Ga Gaaaaaaaah where'sh me spinach
            Real Men Ride Nakid
            http://www.streetfighters.com.au

Comment

Mobil 1 racing 4T

not an oil expert but i think its pretty good and reasonable priced

change it every 4000km and it comes out the same colour as it went in so must be doing something right
              Respect is earned, not enforced.

Comment

There is a search function a the top RH side of the screen. May this thread never be spoken of again.

Ie its been done to death ever [email protected]#$hole has an opion on whats best why the other is crap. PSB suggests you follow the manufacturer's recommendations as they built the bike so they should know whats best or at least which oil supplier has given them a lucky deal.
                Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Palm oil is bad apparently.

Comment

Motul 3000+ will do nicely..
                    Norm
                    Its a Tour not a Race - Just don't get in my way when I'm Touring.

OzVFR.net MGP Tipping Mews News

Comment

Thanks all,

Nero Diablo i posted this specifically in regards to the gearbox noise, i did search, but was after specific information, sorry.

I went with motul 1000, mineral oil, the bike shop recommended it due to its viscosity to help g'box, time will tell.

Thanks

Steve

Comment

Silkoline/Fuchs have used it in all my bike is great oil , engine forks brake evan chain lube !
                        In The PSB Garage http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...vehicle&id=114
                        The build/tidy thread http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...how-tos-56314/

Comment

Originally posted by sb6 View Post
                          Thanks all,

Nero Diablo i posted this specifically in regards to the gearbox noise, i did search, but was after specific information, sorry.

I went with motul 1000, mineral oil, the bike shop recommended it due to its viscosity to help g'box, time will tell.

Thanks

Steve
                          Hey Steve... I would be a bit sus if he is putting Motul 1000 in your bike. it is not sold any more, so my guess is its old stock (if oil has a shelf live).

Personally I would be using the 3000 4T 20W50 if its an older bike and you have gearbox concerns...
                          Norm
                          Its a Tour not a Race - Just don't get in my way when I'm Touring.

OzVFR.net MGP Tipping Mews News

Comment

Working...
                          X