X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattis
    replied
    Cheers for the suggestions/help guys

I have managed to scam a 16mm long reach socket off my old boy so should be ok.

Rob:

Yeh shall have to drag the RMX out again soonish as im itching for a ride, prob is i dont live close to Kris unforunately, i live in South Perth area so its a fair drive with the bike on the trailer to head out for a ride, plus Kris and i work rotatings shifts and dont always get w/ends off

I couldnt think of the word at the time, but turning it down does sound right now

Thinking of selling the RMX soon cos i simply cant ride it on the road and to get it lic is going to take alot of work, probly sell it cheap and get a wr400 or i might just leave it out at Kris's place...

Leave a comment:

• dugy
    replied
    I had a look, the 16mm socket I've got is 22mm OD.

The "thin" one 1 found was for a 21mm plug, can't seem to find the other.

Hope ya get it sorted.

Leave a comment:

• Rob
    replied
    Mat, you live up near Kris? I think I have One of those if the dealer cant help.
    When do we see the RMX again?
    By the way mate, you 'turn' something down, not mill. heh.

Rob

Leave a comment:

• Mattis
    replied
    ta for looking anyways

yeh im planning on selling it very shortly so no use buying the toolkit, but a good suggestion none the less

yeh next option is to head to northside kwaka, its like 2 mins from my work and i have shopped there before so ill see what they can do for me...

Leave a comment:

• CAD
    replied
    d'oh... im out... sounds like the spark plug sockets i got are the same as your useless ones

have u tried looking on ebay.com for a toolkit replacement? for future services?

maybe even ask a kwaka shop if u can borrow one for 15mins?

good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Mattis
    replied
    lol i just read the owners manual, it seems that the bike comes with a spark plug socket in the original toolkit which is specially designed to fit the hole, hmm if only i had the original toolkit.

The spark plug is of the 16mm variety

hole is about 21mm in diameter from what i can tell.

Leave a comment:

• CAD
    replied
    i was gunna say the exact same thing dugy said.....

Leave a comment:

• dugy
    replied
    What's the diameter of the hole?

I got a few different sparkie spockets laying around from old tool kits.
    Could check if they are slim enough.

Leave a comment:

• Mattis
    started a topic Spark Plug Change Dilemma

Spark Plug Change Dilemma

Hey Guys,

Was just doing a service on my 91 ZXR750 and everything was going well, changed oil and filter, put in new air filter, tightened/oiled chain, cleaned carbies and then it came time to change the sparkies.

Now i see its the smaller of the two spark plug sizes (5/8") so i pull out the socket and mega long extension and then...the damn socket is to wide to fit down the spark plug tunnel.... Like wtf? It is like exactly the same size diameter of the hole. I have checked around and cannot seem to fiind a socket that is narrow enough (ok so i only tried supa cheap and covs but anyway)

Do i need some t-bars to do this? My only other option is to get the socket milled down to fit, not cheap...

So i am pretty much stuck without the bike till i get this done as its a time consuming/messy job getting the tank on/off
Working...
X