Best tool ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best tool ever

I think this has to be the best tool I have every bought.

$80 or so from Bunnings and it would be a bargain at double the price. The number of little attachments is astonishing; cutting, sanding, drilling, polishing, grinding - it does everything.

I have a Stebel air horn (130db of how powah FTW) on my bike. I had it temporarily mounted in the front fairing secured by cable ties. I finally decided to mount it properly. I found an unused frame mounting bolt hole that would be nicely protected by my crash bars. Its an M10 sized hole, I grabbed an appropriate bolt and used the Dremel to grind down a couple of the sides of the bolt head to fit it into the supplied horn mounting hardware.

I can not believe how easily and accurately I could grind down this bolt head. This is the sort of tool that you dont know how good it is until you get one and you realise how much easier it could have made everything up until now.

Dremel tool FTW!

are you getting a commission for this?? should we expect to see dremel stickers all over your bike on the next ride?
    Originally posted by kyliejane
    benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
    Originally posted by harns
    Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Have to agree there - Love these things!!!
      Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

welcome to like... 1989...

Comment

best tool ever was the idiot who smeared pizza over my bike the other nite

or B shmoo

Comment

Originally posted by kwakas View Post
            are you getting a commission for this?? should we expect to see dremel stickers all over your bike on the next ride?
            No, but i'll look into it.

Originally posted by Davey View Post
            welcome to like... 1989...

Well then its been around for nearly 20yrs and its still the best tool. And I was only 7 in '89 so wasnt that much into wrenching :p

Comment

I prefer my generic bunnings dremel, an Arlec I think.
              $20 or whatever, and has lasted years of abuse including being covered in metal filings, water, beer, grease, solder and whatever else.

Comment

I have a cheapy, and a real dremel. Much prefer the dremel. Awesome little tool.

Now if only I could find where I put it...
                No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Dremels are the best thing ever for manly pedicures and manicures. Just whack on a sanding disc and watch that nail fly
                  For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                  For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

And cutting up PC cases for case mods.

/geek
                    Work Buy Consume Die

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                      Dremels are the best thing ever for manly pedicures and manicures. Just whack on a sanding disc and watch that nail fly
                      I have seen some dremel polished nails - nice n shiney.
                      Last edited by Darkbyte; 05-11-2007, 01:56 PM.

Comment

These tools are fucking awsome, i forked out another 30 bucks to a flexi shaft, which is so good it attached permenetly. Most of the work ive done on my pocket bike has been with the dremel. cutting, griding, polishing it does it all

Comment

i always hated dremels, but ended up buying a cordless one for $80

does come in pretty handy, but id still rate the rattle gun as the best tool ever
                          Respect is earned, not enforced.

Comment

"The rattle gun is the tool of a pikey" - James May, Top Gear
                            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

My favourite too is my 1/4, drive swivel head, fine spline snap on rachet. It rocks.

Comment

Working...
                              X