Blue RGV Blues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue RGV Blues.

Ok, im starting to loose my patience right now because of this damn bike, mainly the motor.

The other day way back when i rode it last it felt like it just dropped half its power, the RS125 is faster atm. What is happening is that the bike will start to wind up, and as you hit 6000rpm instead of feeling the power start to progressivly build up the motor kind of misses and doesnt start accelerating hard. Get up to 8000rpm and instead of getting the madcap acceleration im expecting, it just keeps on accelerating as if it was only doing 4000rpm. Its all linear and boring.

Ive recently gotten the bike back from a spraypainter and proceeded to clean the carbies, attempted to clean the expansion chambers, and without stripping the heads down attempted to clean the PV's as best as i could.

Now ive balanced the carbies and recalibrated the oil pump and it idles and rev's really smoothly in neutral. Also the PV's open halfway at ~8000rpm as they should, i didnt test at 10000rpm properly though but it appeared to function as it should. But after all this the same problem still exists, only improvment is the bike runs quite smoothly. The bike uses a 22D30 SAPC unit.

Could this problem have anything to do with the solenoids that feed the pilot and main air passages in the carbies? Is there a freak chance someone might have the pocket testers and appropriate ignitor checker for the RGV (mode4) that i might be able to borrow?

RGVlee? HELP!
    Last edited by Stratos; 11-11-2007, 01:24 PM.
    I love two strokes. Because they annoy the shit out of people. ^_^

edit:
    i was wrong
    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Give me a call.

Comment

sounds like the PVs have gone!!! or the something associated with them such as the
        actuating motor.

Comment

I had that happen to my rgv, took the tank of and found that one of the carbies was not connected to the motor, maybe worth a look?

Comment

long shot - crank seal?? You losing gearbox oil at all??

WHat do the plugs look .like?
            Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

Yeh thats what I think too. If its getting to 8 and not hitting the power band it sounds like the valves arnt going any further. Myn still has the 8k flat spot because I was reluctant too pull it apart to sort it propley,but come 8 1/2 its on like donkey kong as it should be. I suppose I should fix it before they stop working like yours.

Bad luck mate.
              "YOU CAN TEACH A FAST RIDER TO STOP CRASHING,BUT YOU CANT TEACH A SLOW RIDER TOO RIDE FAST." Mick Doohan

Comment

Nah, i sorted it out at Desmo's house. Juice aint far off the mark. It was a carbie issue, or more a user issue. I had not installed the jet properly in the lower carb after i cleaned them out. So it was over fueling like a motherfucker and just choking the engine. The sopping wet plug should have been a huge indicator but i was too arrogant to think id rebuilt the carb incorrectly. I now know what i fine mist being shot out the carbie of a bike with reed valves means now!

But the bike has clean PV's now and balanced carbies and runs quite nicely now. Just a few air leaks need to be sorted, and new fork seals. Infact the entire bike needs an overhaul!

Live n learn eh, im slowly learning the black arts of 2 strokes!
                Last edited by Stratos; 28-11-2007, 08:19 PM. Reason: Needed more detail
                I love two strokes. Because they annoy the shit out of people. ^_^

Comment

teach me oh sensei!
                  In Kazakhstan if you want sugar in your coffee you ask for Kunt

Comment

Originally posted by Stratos View Post
                    Infact the entire bike needs an overhaul!
                    I was going over my bike today and had the same thoughts.. Where do you start

I'm glad you got yours sorted.

Comment

Well if there are a few that want to up their knowledge on 2 strokes, we might put something together.
                      I am willing to pass on my knowledge.
                      Worked in the very grey past on Gp bikes for myself and other riders incl. Rob Bron who drove an aircooled T500 to 3th in 1971 500cc GP World championship behind Keith Turner (2) and Giancomo Agostini on the MV.
                      Barry drove a Suz 125 that year!
                      Flippin hell , that's a long time ago.

Comment

This is a cool idea.
                        Beer barbie and 2stroke tech session at my house.
                        Who's in?
                        Afternoon of Saturday 15th.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                          This is a cool idea.
                          Beer barbie and 2stroke tech session at my house.
                          Who's in?
                          Afternoon of Saturday 15th.
                          I'd be up for something like this.. 15th is free for me.

Comment

In May finally get the tzr running right

Comment

Driving to this event will result in instant dismissal.
                              I want a driveway full of 2 strokes

Comment

Working...
                              X