My own shorty pipe/S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My own shorty pipe/S

got a lil inspired by the stickied "shortening a roo racing pipe" so i shorty'd my twin yoshis, here they are! sounds alot better (crisper with more resonance). Bike is for sale too for the record!

BEFORE

AFTER

Buy a vtwin!
    http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-sv1000-43710/

They look great mate well done
    If you are not growing you must be dead

Formally known as Markvk

Comment

how loud are they?
      Feels good man.

Comment

oooooo

sound clip?

Comment

awes! loud? mine's obnoxious now..

Comment

why would you do that to perfectly functional undamaged pipes?

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
              because they belong to him, and he wanted to, and they now look way better, and they are now louder....
              Find me on Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Orson View Post
                because they belong to him, and he wanted to, and they now look way better, and they are now louder....
                beauty is in the eye of the beholder mate.. granted i'm sure he thinks they look better, and that's cool..

but yoshi pipes are usually about 5-600 a piece, and he's got two, and he's just taken to em with a hacksaw and they weren't scratched or anything :o

most people do it because they stunt and don't want to scrape the pipe in a wheelie, or because they've dropped the bike and can cut a section off to hide scratches. it's just a lot of money to take to with a hacksaw, is all.

Comment

Yeah, fair enough, I know exactly what you mean man. The yoshis are a pretty primo pipe to go cutting up. In hindsight though, he can feel comfortable that he did a good job. I'm starting to feel the urge to do this to the cheap "Ballistic" that's on my bike
                  Find me on Instagram

Comment

...he's just taken to em with a hacksaw and they weren't scratched or anything :o
                    Don't know if this info is still correct, but sounds like they were damaged?
                    http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...98/#post600545

Either way, I think it looks VERY nice with the stubbies.... Good work mate.
                    Originally posted by JuanGabrielle
                    I snuffle some commanders, I boomerang and disport, I go to the despite. Susie Isaacs has a large collection of cheesier amoebas.

Comment

To do or not to do, they are his so I guess he can do what he wants, granted he has balls risking screwing up lovely pipes. I reckon the result is definately awesome, congrats on a successful project! Weird project if the bike is for sale though....

Comment

Looks the good Al..

Need to organise a ride so i can here them

Comment

one pipe was scraped righ the way through on the corner and the other pipe had dings near the badges which the previous owner had given them (which i was able to bang out)! now they are twice as good as i have ever seen or heard them! i prefer the shorty pipes, each to their own but i would prefer something with a little character and that is exactly wat i got!

i expected them to be louder, but they have a much higher note, i wouldnt say obnoxious but definitely proud! ^_^
                          Buy a vtwin!
                          http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...-sv1000-43710/

Comment

Looks heaps better, bet they sound awesome...

Comment

Damn they look fine

Comment

Working...
                              X