X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RG 500 refer latest edition of Rapid bikes, 139 rear wheel horsepower
    LIVE TO RIDE AND RIDE TO LIVE
    LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE

'Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
    shouting 'FUCK YEAH ...WHAT A RIDE!'

REGRET NOTHING YOUVE DONE

Comment

As seen in a recent PSB post, a CR500 converted to CR1000 twin with 200+ bhp!
      Young enough to be a hoon, old enough to know better.

Comment

BRP-Rotax

Comment

Go the 995, you know you want to.

EDIT: Kaw it be fun tryin to get that to fit look at the size of it!
          I love two strokes. Because they annoy the shit out of people. ^_^

Comment

DR400 or DR650?

Heavy slug, but @ least it is the same brand.

S.
            Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

desmo..... why are you even contemplating anything other than an rz motor 350....cheeta cub to 460, and a hundred + two strokin neddies to fiddle with.
              troy help me out here buddy....make the boy see sense !!!

Comment

GP motor. Keep it 250, you know you want to.

Comment

For the street or the track ?

Comment

Hey Sathid, your so predicable ... Put an RZ motor in it, ritza belives
                    I love two strokes. Because they annoy the shit out of people. ^_^

Comment

Stick with the family Desmo dont water down a Zook with one of those inbred company's motors ! LMAO
                      My thoughts

TLR1000r motor !
                      SV650 !
                      DR 800 !
                      GSXR 600 !
                      In The PSB Garage http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...vehicle&id=114
                      The build/tidy thread http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...how-tos-56314/

Comment

Ah yes, the old supermono

I remember reading a few threads about RGVs with Yamaha XT600 motors in them (think there was even one running around barbs for a while there).

Likewise a Honda XL600 donk also seems to drop in there ok (yes, I realise this is a vj21):

More details on the above one is available here: RICCI XRG660

You would probably end up with a lower overall hp output (~40hp) but the extra torque, better service intervals/less maintenance (i.e. top end rebuilds) and possible increased reliability are certainly pretty good deal sweeteners.
                        Last edited by Mattis; 16-11-2007, 08:04 PM.

"At the start of the season, you can’t win the championship in the first round, but you can lose it.” - Travis Pastrana

"If your mind can conceive it then
                        your hands can achieve it"- Nigel Petrie (Engineeredtoslide.com)

Comment

How about a jet ski or outboard stroker motor, heaps around plenty of go faster bits.
                          Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

use a kx500 water bottle motor. now that would move out
                            Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Originally posted by ritza350 View Post
                              desmo..... why are you even contemplating anything other than an rz motor 350....cheeta cub to 460, and a hundred + two strokin neddies to fiddle with.
                              troy help me out here buddy....make the boy see sense !!!
                              You know, after looking around the Banshee forums and RGV forum about Yammagammas, it's starting to look sensible.

Originally posted by Marty MOOSE View Post
                              For the street or the track ?
                              See, I dunno. I was considering racing it, but I might just use it as a street toy and trackday bike.

Comment

Only thing with the rz motor, is that you have to watch the build date. IIRC the engine has to be at least as new as the chassis. Obviously not an issue with a track bike.
                                No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Working...
                                X