No announcement yet.

RGV Engine swap, suggestions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I kinda knew this thread would descend into what it has, namely stupid engines, not that they wouldn't be fun.
    I'm more teased by the square 4 though.
    I think a CR500 motor would be pointless to be honest, and the supermono idea just doesn't appeal.
    I think it will be an RX/Banshee motor, or a full house RGV250 motor, I want to keep the weight down to a minimum.
    I'll have to price it all up I think, a DC valved and headed, ported RGV, or a bigbore RZ.

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
      And that thing sticking out would be a centrifugal clutch of some sort I guess?
      That bit sticking out is a CVT (constantly variable transmission).

Comment

Da one on the bench is a RG500 donk, talking about teasing!!
        Wait till it is all together and with pretty colors on it!

Comment

like I said before and RE5 conversion. although this is a somewhat smaller scale MEMS Rotary Internal Combustion Engine
          Originally posted by kyliejane
          benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
          Originally posted by harns
          Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
            Yeah, I kinda knew this thread would descend into what it has, namely stupid engines, not that they wouldn't be fun.
            I'm more teased by the square 4 though.
            Are you disappionted or pleased the some of us on PSB think outside the box?
            Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Hey, if you guys didn't do it, I would have myself.

Comment

Take the Rz 250 engine you got in the shed mate.. if you wanna start buying parts for it... keep it as payment for letting me use ya shed for so long hahaha..
                I'll have to move all the rgv/rz350 parts out for ya soon so u can make a start on it..
                i'll probably moveit all over to Mike/Ritza350's place so we can start hacking and slashing bits.

Comment

i have an article here about a guy that put an rg 500 engine ito the rgv frame, bike looks friggin awesome. An rg 400 would be easy to get hold of out of japan there is a company in the eastern states that has been improrting them, but your then up the shit if you need spares etc.
                  I'm Living the dream. Really I am.

Comment

same excretment with a RG500 for spares.

Comment

My 2c jim, but whatever you end up doing, I really think you should at least try to keep the "character" of the 2 stroke race rep... i mean that's what the RGV is all about.

So, in my book, that would mean big singles are out, TL motors out, etc...

If you want low down torque and tractability, buy a 4 stroke

Also think an inline twin would be a step backwards (you'd be essentially building an RG250)...

In all seriousness, if it was me I'd probably just build the RGV250 motor, and go for the RG500 option if i won the lottery...

But then again... RG500 motor means that an RG500 died to give the motor up. Also means one less spare engine/parts for the RG500 owners out there. Which makes me sad... would rather have a genuine RG500 to keep (or hell, even have the parts out there to keep one in existance) as a collectable than some mongrel RGV500 to be honest, no matter how good the end result is...

Do what you want of course... just a few thoughts...
                      “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by lee View Post
                        busa motor.
                        dont be a big girls blouse, get a 1300 and add a GT30R.....
                        "Redlines are merely suggestions"
                        "Stroked is fun, but I'ld rather get blown"

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                          And that thing sticking out would be a centrifugal clutch of some sort I guess?
                          Great, so it's a glorified postie bike motor.
                          The broken genius.

Comment

lol

google "rgv engine removal"
                            find thread on psb
                            about my bike
                            that i mention "saving" before i buy it
                            “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

How about you sell me the RGV minus the motor real cheap and I fit my spare SXV motor to it...

Comment

i have an rgv frame engineered with a yamaha xt 600 lump in it, the motor is sold but the frame is available...

Comment

Working...
                                X