Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oggie knobs for k6 GSXR600

Hey all
    I've got some oggie knobs and I can see where the thing is supposed to go for the right hand side however where do I bolt it on to on the left hand side?
    Does the fairing need to be cut or???

depends if you got mounting brackets or not. Ones I've seen have a long piece that passes through the centre of the bike and mounts into place. you then attatch the oggy's to each side, with this model you don't need to cut fairings at all.
    Originally posted by kyliejane
    benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
    Originally posted by harns
    Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

On the older gixxers you need to cut the fairing, I dont think the K4 needed to be cut, but by the sounds yours will need to be.

IMO, if its done neatly it doesnt detract from the bike and wont affect your resale. To be honest, I kept forgetting the fairing was cut on one side.

I assume you could get mounting brackets made, but imo, uneven oggies would look wierd, not to mention uncomfortable if you hook your feet on them whilst riding

Comment

nope, no need to cut anything on mine, if its the same it goes onto the frame where thers a gap in the ferring and the bracket bends around (down) and you put it onto a bolt thats already there, looks like an engine mount bolt. If I remember correctly they supply longer bolts for this?
        Voltron-Evo. https://www.facebook.com/?_rdr=p#!/voltronmotorcycles

Comment

Okay I did some research and I'm missing the left bracket that bolts onto the engine mount bolt
          I've only got the two rubber/plastic knobs and bolts
          Where can I buy the bracket?

Comment

Proper Oggy knobs (as in, the brand name) will offer a no-cut type fitment, with brackets that bolt to your engine mounts and a crossbar to join the two Oggies. Dunno what brand you have but they don't sound like Oggys.

ProMoto in Melbourne makes them - you might wanna do a search on the innernet and see if they offer bit parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Benno View Post
              Okay I did some research and I'm missing the left bracket that bolts onto the engine mount bolt
              I've only got the two rubber/plastic knobs and bolts
              Where can I buy the bracket?
              in that case your missing both the brackets, theres a bracket for each side (oggy brand)

may be just as easy to buy whole complete kit??
              Voltron-Evo. https://www.facebook.com/?_rdr=p#!/voltronmotorcycles

Comment

You got K5 (or K4) knobs by the sounds of it which don't come with fairing brackets ... K6's need the brackets. Mark (on here) got sold same set. You can still fit them with a fairing cut i believe but i reckon stick that!

Comment

Yeah I bought Mark's bike and he chucked in the set of oggys
                  Guess I'll have to get a set of K6 ones
                  Cheers guys

Comment

If they'll fit an 04 GSXR 750, I might be interested in taking them off your hands.
                    -JC-

Comment

oh you brought that big pile of snot??

nah good buy there mate. I rode it a few weeks ago to see what it was like and not too bad. i hang shit on him coz he left standard pipe on but he rides like a nancy so trust me ... that bike has never been thrashed!

I know the knows ur talking about and the gits at poozuki in QLD gave him K5 or K4's which will fit but need the fairing cut. Offload them and go buy a new pair.

Comment

Its an awesome bike I giggle my tits off when I open up the throttle
                        Coming straight from riding a gpx250 theres so much power
                        But yeah anyone want some oggys for K4/K5 gixxers? msg me

Comment

Working...
                        X