Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

05 ZX6R - Getting to the battery.. HELP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 05 ZX6R - Getting to the battery.. HELP!

Hi guys,

It seems my battery has died. I've pulled the seat off to find the battery but I can't get my charger onto the terminals. Do you think I should try to get the battery out or can I move the things around to get to the terminals.

I've provided a pic, what do I need to take off to get my battery charged

thanks!

bikeless

Comment

Thanks for that, I was hoping it be easier.. will give it a go now
      bikeless

Comment

to fully get to the battery you have to take the tank out but if you pull up those bolts desmo pointed out you can maneourve the battery enough to get to the +ve without causing earthing out. Better have small charge clamps.

i'm going to make some extensions for mine for this very reason.

oh 1 more thing ... if you have any charge in your battery and your fuel servo works (or w/e the fuck its called, the silver servo in your pic there) ... push start it. it'll be easier. if its completely flat then you can only charge it
        Last edited by Viper; 17-11-2007, 09:24 AM. Reason: added a bit

Comment

Nah totally dead. What a pain in the ass. Looks like the tank has to come off
          bikeless

Comment

you shouldn't have to if you have small charge clamps ... i can fit mine under but make sure they got the plastic covers on em or u'll earth it out on ur tank etc ... you should be able to get right in there after removing all the front tank bolts.

Comment

My dads charger has huge clamps. Might have to hitup bunnings and get one.
              bikeless

Comment

oh that sux ... where do u live? You can use mine

Comment

or another option is if you have some thick cable around you can hook that up to the battery and run it as extension leads which is what you should try and buy instead of a charger. Set it up under the seat so when it happens again you can plug in real easy. Cover the end up so it can't earth and all sweet That's my intentions anyway.

Comment

Thanks for the offer, I'm in Joondalup.. I think I'll just go to Dick Smiths and buy a mini clap and extended it off dads charger.. should do the trick!
                    bikeless

Comment

Working...
                    X