tail legalitys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tail legalitys

what are the legality's or the rear lenght of a motorbike.. ive heard different things... but im asking as what im planning to do will make the muffler outlet the rear of the bikes futherest point....

I'm assuming you're thinking about a funky german fighter tail, which is awesome
    I wouldn't worry about the tip of the muffler being the rear-most point. Heaps of the 06/07 blades, with aftermarket pipes, have them sticking out a fair way. The Two Brothers pipe on that model must stick out a good 2 or 3" past the tail.
    I'd imagine your major concern would be how much rear wheel sticks out, un-guarded.
    Worry about getting yellow lickys later. Go for it

**this has been a completely uninformed opinion**

edit: I reckon it'd be easiest to head down to the pits one day, and just speak to one of the inspectors. They should be able to set you right.
    FTP

Comment

Over east they run an imaginary line from your rear axle up and back at a 45 degree angle. Bodywork must come to this line (I think a full hugger is good enough).

I've never heard of it being enforced over here, they're more worried about indicators and plate positioning.
      For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
      For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

If your fender was the mainissue in chopping it back, you could always try BMW's trick...

Now a totally sweet stoppie pic.

Comment

benditto ive seen that before , its a good idea but will crap the style of the german body work and hugger, that is soon to be.... mabbe i could fiber one up?!?!? but my most concern is the undertail pipe i have planned... itll be the futherest onit at the rear of the bike, but how high can it be...

Comment

I had a copper look at my bike "Mongrel"... he made a passing comment about the air flow between my seat unit and my tyre... Im going to have to make a hugger etc. I also have to make a bracket to extend the gap between the rear indicators too lol... got till Mar 08 till I have to change rego to WA....

Jarrod
            Handled by one.... Feared by all

Comment

Working...
            X