Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XR400 engine into XR250 frame

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone out there knows if it is possible to fit a XR400 engine straight into the frame of a 1995 XR250 Honda.

Looking at a couple of options if available. Prefer this option as the 250 lacks some what power....

Riding to work this morning I headed to the front of the traffic at the lights. Sitting waiting for them to turn green. Wacked it into first ready for take off let the clutch out, and then nothing. There I was sitting in the middle of the road with all this traffic building up behind me. (well wasnt alot but still a bit embarrasing). A bit of a hike to work...well half way till I called someone to pick us up...hahha

What has happened is the front sprocket on the input shaft has given in. Yes easily fixed you may say by just replacing....however not this time.....this was welded on by someone in the past....so its the weld that has given away.....hahaha

Any suggestions would be great....

check out some of the gear ballards sells or ask them, they are amazing with the XR range
    Edit:
    Ballards Offroad Dirt Bike Parts & Accessories
    Last edited by taint; 20-11-2007, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Ballards FTW!

I had an XR250 a few years back with the full ballards kit. It rawked....
      In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
      Its the little things that make the difference
      Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
      If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Umm..buy an XR400?

You could do some Ballard's mods to the 250 or you could sell it and get a 400 with more power from stock and THEN do mods

Personally I would repair the 250 and upgrade later. I'm unsure if the frame and engine size of the 250 are similar, but if you were bent on doing it, you could give Honda Country in Rocko a call (if they still exist that is) and ask the workshop guys there. They used to be big XR dealers and knew all sorts of mods and tricks.

I was going to get Ballards piston/boring kit and cams for my XR600 but I was too chicken :O

Comment

Bot piontless on such and old bike IMO athough if want to be a real hoon fit the 250 ignition unit to the 400. The other problem is that a lot of trial riders are all misty over the departing of the aircooled XR series espcailly the the 400's/600's and finding a 400 motor for reansoble price might be a bit tricky. Personally you would be better of getting something like a modern water cooled 250 dirt bike like the DR250 streets ahead of the old XR's.
          Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Working...
          X