best chain lube i've used so far.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best chain lube i've used so far.

I recently started using MOTUL chain lube for road motorbikes. This stuff is the bomb. After putting it on a freshly cleaned and washed chain, cold as tap water which goes against everything we are told, this stuff has really stuck. I have as good as zero fling around the wheel, the marks you see on the tyre are from the Silkolene semi synthetic.

I thoroughly recommend it as it was put on a cold chain, ridden 120k's and zero fling. It doesn't get any better than that, sorry it does, It goes on clear. (not that white stuff)

Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Yeah i just started using this stuff, very impressed.

Comment

awesome stuff, I ran out on the weekend so thanks for the reminder to get some more

edit: picture

Comment

Which bottle is it specifically? Just motul "road" ?

Comment

thats fucking awesome.... must have.... im sick of black muck flicking all over the place.
          In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
          Its the little things that make the difference
          Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
          If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Great to hear. My current "anti-fling" stuff flung around like nuts, so will be interested to test.

Oh, p.s. nice wheels. Needs Stealth sprocket though.

Comment

Nice!!! Will give this a go .... thanks for the advise!!

+1 to being sick of black shit flung all over the place!
              Need Finance - http://www.rev-it.com.au

Comment

What I've been using for ages.. Great stuff

Comment

I've been using the Motul "Dirt" as I had a couple left over from the dirt bikes. I have no idea what the difference is between this and the "Road" formula but it's also an excellent product and resists "fling".
                  CHAIN LUBE OFF ROAD (MOTYL CHAIN)
                  A smooth flourescent yellow lubricant, CHAIN LUBE OFF ROAD (MOTYL CHAIN) is highly recommended for off-road use. This specially formulated chain lubricant does not contain sticky additives and is suitable for trails and motocrosses.
                  CHAIN LUBE OFF ROAD (MOTYL CHAIN) protects chains from grease and dust build-up. Suitable for all chains with or without O-ring seals.
                  SPECIFICATIONS
                  Product: CHAIN LUBE OFF ROAD
                  Repels sand and soil. Good for street, motocross and trail bikes. All types of chains (standard & with O-rings)
                  Last edited by 19andrew59; 22-11-2007, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 19andrew59 View Post
                    I've been using the Motul "Dirt" as I had a couple left over from the dirt bikes. I have no idea what the difference is between this and the "Road" formula but it's also an excellent product and resists "fling".
                    hmmmm, I will try the dirt one. Usually the dirt products seem to attract less sand etc.

Comment

Yeah i was put off by this stuff, but its actually on my chain now. I mean i have this silkolene stuff that is like

SILKOLENE SUPER PRO NEV-R-FLING FOR RACEBIKES AND RACERS RACE SUPERMAGNETIC FORUMLA

oh and it flings

should go buy my own can of that motul stuff eh

Comment

I use this stuff too, why because Arwon gave it to me, which reminds me I better go visit him because he needs to tweak my bike again, chain needs adjusting.

Comment

the dirt needs re-applying a lot more often but yes, it isn't as tacky and doesn't pick up the sand and shit when you go offroad (I use it on the dirty)

Comment

Dang. i just bought a can o' wax from Dale Brittons. Oh and it flings
                            Have you won the game recently?? Post here

Comment

thanks for the post Glen, ill give it a try

i usually use Bel Ray chain wax , which is usually good , but the chain on the duke has gone and rusted

theonly other lube ive tried that didnt fling too bad , but that silkolene race (ithink) thats comes in the small bottle and costs a fricken fortune

tried that silkolene titanium - crap

Comment

Working...
                              X