Paddock stands with castors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paddock stands with castors

Anyone know of where I could get (or of any that are in fact available) a paddock stand that has castors fitted to it instead of normal wheels? I wouldn't mind a front stand as well with castors. This is so I can store the bike upright in a corner in the garage without it taking up too much space.

You can only get a rear stand with castors. It is called a space saver? and you can get a Sharp one or an Anderson one from your favorite Motorcycle/Accessory store

Sharp Crawler Stand

Anderson Spacesaver Stand
    Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

Thats a top idea. A friend of mine has bugger all room in her garage and needs something like that to be able to swing it close to the wall.
      10.81 BLADE

I'm a flirtalicious

Comment

Thanks Tim.

Worth an EOI for a group buy you reckon?

Comment

Possibly... whats your time-frame for wanting one?
          Sponsored by:

Comment

Well...if I find a place in Perth (or online) that sells them I would buy one straight out, ie, now. It's not an urgent must have but I want to put one bike away in the garage during the silly season, which is just around the corner...

EDIT: the Sharp Crawler rear stand is on their pricelist at $250-$275.

Comment

Thats a tad pricey. Ya paying about $100 extra for the wheels compared to a normal stand
              10.81 BLADE

I'm a flirtalicious

Comment

try turning a bike around in my family room 10 times without one. $250 is cheap in comparison.
                Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

There is something better. Its a alloy stand you ride on and put the stand down then you can push it around.

Ill find the name of the mob that make them .. they are down in bibra lake
                  Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

Please do Hewie, interested in the sound of it
                    Sponsored by:

Comment

Hewie, any update on this?

Comment

Just thought I would chime in with my new stand. This thing is awesome. All on castors with one that locks so it won't run away on you. When the bike is on this stand, you can push it around anywhere and the stand won't drag along the garage floor while you're doing it. Sideways, backwards, forwards, diagonally, whatever. Came with two sets of pick ups, one set for swingarm spools and another set for old skool bikes with a square hollow section swingarm. Only downside is that is seems to be much more of a pain in the arse to get it on the stand by yourself (compared to a normal stand).

Paid $225 for it, quite a bit more than a normal one but IMHO its worth it simply because of the movement flexibility you have with it, especially if space is limited at your place.
                        Attached Files

Comment

I got one exactly the same, for the same reason, and it works broolyantly. I had same difficulty trying to get it on the stand by myself until I used a couple of hair lackies to hold the lugs to the thingies after its attached to the bike. Just slide the lackies over the two things you want to hold together and it just gives enough pressure to hold them together until theres some weight on the stand.
                          www.redbackgraphics.com.au www.crazybitchracing.com www.speedeventseries.com www.letmecheckmygafmeter.com

Comment

Looks like a very easy conversion to do on the ones that already have the two front castors, a middle bar and another castor underneath.

Comment

Working...
                            X