product review: 'sleep better without drugs' guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• product review: 'sleep better without drugs' guide

Self help books are masturbation. But I was so desperate a few months ago that I handed over $150 for this and man, it works. This isnt to do with bikes but without exaggeration its been the best performance upgrade Ive bought all year. And without going into details, it has greatly enriched my life because Im not a zombie most days and lying awake hating everything most nights. So yeah, do check it out if you have probs sleeping.

sleeping disorders, sleep problems, insomnia cure: a new 4-6 week self-help program
    the universe is hostile

scan the book and make the copies available

ps
    did i say that out loud
    A site all parents should check regulary
    http://www.mako.org.au/temp_a.html

(+)

Comment

+1 ^^^^^

Comment

Is it just like relaxing music or something and a book with tips and hints?

I have always been a little skeptical about that sort of thing...

Comment

Originally posted by Taz View Post
          scan the book and make the copies available
          Would that I knew how!

Originally posted by CRB View Post
          Is it just like relaxing music or something and a book with tips and hints?

I have always been a little skeptical about that sort of thing...
          Yeah me too. The book and 2 of the cds are lots of stuff you can do to sleep better. Covers things like when to go to sleep, what to do if its just not happening. Long bits about how to switch your brain off and how to switch off your muscles too. It’s not new age, more scientific stuff that explains whats going on in your body but very easy to read. The third cd is relaxing stuff, I haven’t even listened to it yet.
          the universe is hostile

Comment

So the idea is to bore you into falling asleep?

I usually find that the best way for me to sleep is to just exhaust myself or split my day into 2 and get an afternoon nap. Also dont let your brain think at night, you'll be awake for hours if you have lots of shit going on.

Comment

Originally posted by Ajax View Post
              So the idea is to bore you into falling asleep?

I usually find that the best way for me to sleep is to just exhaust myself or split my day into 2 and get an afternoon nap. Also dont let your brain think at night, you'll be awake for hours if you have lots of shit going on.
              Sorry, but you obviously don't understand insomnia.

you lay there. you have exhausted yourself. you got up at 6 am and went for a run. massively packed day. went for another run when you got home. go out for dinner.

still exhausted.

get home, do a load of washing. watch a bit of telly to attempt to relax before you hit the sack.

you get into bed. thoroughly exhausted. you feel like you have sand in your eyes because you're so tired.

you yawn, continuously, until your throat hurts. you toss. you turn.

But. You. Do. Not. Sleep.

Originally posted by Ajax View Post
              Also dont let your brain think at night, you'll be awake for hours if you have lots of shit going on.
              buddy, i'll give YOU the $150 if you can tell me how to switch my brain off. sounds simple, doesn't it.

Comment

Originally posted by Chyna View Post
                Sorry, but you obviously don't understand insomnia.

you lay there. you have exhausted yourself. you got up at 6 am and went for a run. massively packed day. went for another run when you got home. go out for dinner.

still exhausted.

get home, do a load of washing. watch a bit of telly to attempt to relax before you hit the sack.

you get into bed. thoroughly exhausted. you feel like you have sand in your eyes because you're so tired.

you yawn, continuously, until your throat hurts. you toss. you turn.

But. You. Do. Not. Sleep.

buddy, i'll give YOU the $150 if you can tell me how to switch my brain off. sounds simple, doesn't it.
                OMG Someone that understands

Comment

Working...
                X