Pilot Power 2CT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pilot Power 2CT

Well, after wearing out the Bridgestone 015's factory fitted to my gix, it was time for some new boots. I have run Pilot Power's on my ZX7R and Bandit and knew what the grip, feel, feedback and ride were like so I thought what the hell, lets fit the 2CT's this time.

I have only done 60kms on them so far but man what a difference. The feel and feedback these tyres give is tremendous. I can only describe the grip as very confidence inspiring.

I am yet to try them out on a country run or on the track but with the feel they gave putting around the city yesterday I am sure they will be fine.

At $540 fitted (120/70 front and a 190/50 rear) they are a little more expensive than the single compound pilot power's but IMHO they premium is worth it.

Thumbs up to Craig at the Motorcycle Pitstop for fitting them for me, the discount on the new tank pad and washing my bike for me too.
    my pics

just ignore the fact i got over 9000k's to the last set which included several burnouts and the drags

the dunlop one on now (they had no 2ct's in stock and i needed a tire right then) has done just over 3000k's and is down to the wear markers already
    Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

The more i read and the more recommendations the more im leaning towards these for my next set. 9500ks out of my current pilot roads but they're seriously less than confidence inspiring.
      In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
      Its the little things that make the difference
      Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
      If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

i know with the 2ct's i had on wheelies in the wet were okay same as scraping the little wing things on the fairing.

personally i thought they were friggin awesome tyres, definately making sure next time i get them again (pity they dont make a 200 one though) i can thouroghly reccommend them, btw the front tyre on mine still has a huge amount of tread left and that came from sydney (ie on the bike) and still has a fairly normal profile.

Comment

These puppies have a 53 degree lean angle in the dry, one of the best tyres I have ever used.
          It's a push to get right to the edge on the rear.

Comment

i killed a rear 2ct in 3 weeks.

GREAT long lasting tyre!

Mags just got a pair on the GSR.

Comment

Drags? Track Days? General hoonery?
              In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
              Its the little things that make the difference
              Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
              If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

general hoonannigans. but goddam i am surprised it lasted as long as it did, seriously.

Comment

5char
                  Last edited by Hornet; 29-11-2007, 07:02 PM.
                  2006 Yamaha R1SP;
                  In an interview with the New Scientist magazine marking his birthday, Stephen Hawking was asked what he thought about most during the day, and replied: "Women. They are a complete mystery."
                  Amen, brother. Amen.
                  My nemesis; Barfridge

Comment

2ct rear and power front would be a great combo

Comment

I hear ya with regards to Dunlops wearing out quick. Less than 2000k's (1000 which was run in period) and the Dunlop OEM's on the Bandit are already looking pretty worse for wear. Will be fitting 2CT's once I wear these suckers out.

Comment

How are the tires in the wet?

Anyone???

Have heard they dont like to be pushed hard on the track, get squirmy
                        after a while.

Comment

no dramas in the wet at all, very well planted and plenty of grip. still manage to lean over a fair way in the wet and the front wheel can still go skywards with out any dramas keep in mind its a heavy bike plus a fat bastard riding it lol

Comment

Damned impressed with what I've seen of these - what took me 20s to destroy a Pilot Power, Davey did for an hour or more and still road away with heaps of meat on the back.

Next tyre combination will be the power(front) and road 2ct (rear)...
                            "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Why go for mismatched tyres? The front 2ct's are sticky as all hell and are dual compound also.

Comment

Working...
                              X