'00 Gixxer 750 Electrical Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '00 Gixxer 750 Electrical Problem

Hey guys, just thought I'd try and fix a small problem on my gix. Front brake lever doesn't illuminate the brake light when you depress the lever.....I think it may be something small that I can fix myself, but is there anyone out there with a little knowledge about these bikes, and anything that I need to look for when I'm opening up the housing of the brake lever ?????
    "Continuous effort--not strength or intelligence--is the key to unlocking our potential." - W. Churchill

Theres a microswitch on the clipon that activates the brake lights, these are cheap (about 8 bucks from memory) and are easily replaceable.

If you can't find it, let me know nad I'll scan the workshop manual. Easy way to make sure it's the switch is find the two wires for it, and bridge them with a piece of wire. The brake lights should show up when you do.

Lee

Comment

You are da man....cheers Lee......at work at the moment....But I'll have a look when I get home....I'm pretty sure I know exactly what you are talking about.. =)
      "Continuous effort--not strength or intelligence--is the key to unlocking our potential." - W. Churchill

Comment

Have you got a multi meter?

You need to check and see if you have voltage at the switch and make sure that it is actually working. Also it may be a ground switch. Failing that check the loom for bad joints or rub throughs.

CRB

Comment

Just a quick update guys.....took Lee's and CRB's advice....I checked the voltage through the wires with a multimeter with a reading of approx. 11.97, so there was power through it....I grounded out the clip switch with a small peice of thin guage wire and presto....Brake light is fully illuminated.....So now I'm in trouble shoot mode....does that mean that something within the housing of where the brake lever activates isn't working ??? And if so, before I pull it apart is there anything I need to watch out for ????

Comment

And now she is all fixed....Cheers Lee and CRB

Comment

Working...
            X