First service (1000k) cost?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First service (1000k) cost?

I know this has been covered, but search failed to find it.
    Anyone know what the first service cost is for a Honda 750?
    I thought it was materials only, but it appears there is a labour component.

First service, if it's anything like the busa:
    Oil & filter change.
    Lube control points (levers, pegs etc).
    Check engine mount tension.

Probably an hour's worth of labour.

If they're trying to rip you off give Derek Ball a shout.
    "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

No, not me, talking to a bloke downstairs, just been charged $250 for the first service. He and I were under the impression that it was materials only. It would appear that this was a misconception.

Comment

There's no hard and fast rule - it comes down to what you can screw out of the dealer at purchase time.

Even the 6000km service price varied wildly, from $340 at Witch to $280 at McCullochs, to $190 from DB...
        "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Starfish View Post
          Even the 6000km service price varied wildly, from $340 to $190 ...

fark...............

i know i know overheads........ but thats massive savings to be had

new tyre in savings (maybe )?
          Become a venture capitalist

Kiva, loans that save lives

Comment

$150 for 1st service
            Originally posted by kyliejane
            benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
            Originally posted by harns
            Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

First service on my Trumpy last month... $100 Labour, $62 Parts. Mine included a check list.. lots of stuff checked, some adjusted plus oil and filter change.

Comment

Cost me $216 for the Gixxer thou last week, though I did get some pick up bobbins in there as well

Only 3k to go before then next one

Comment

K8 Busa 1st service was 189.00 parts and labour at Savage Suzuki

Comment

Well, to give you an indication...

Say an oil change takes 45 minutes, and checking/lubing everything takes another 45 (being generous), plus say, a 15 minute test ride....

You're talking say $30-40 in oil (mineral), about $12 for the filter, 1.75 hours at say $40/hr (paying wages, super, etc)

So say $100-110 ish in costs to the business.

They have to turn a profit somehow...

I'd suggest anywhere around the 160-200 mark would be pretty fair, depending on how awkward the bike is to work on and how expensive the oil/filter gear is

Don't forget that if the bike is filthy they may need to clean it before working on it too...
                    “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

The thing is, he was given the impression that the first service was "free".
                      He knew he had to pay for oil and filter, but when he went to pick it up
                      he found out it wasn't. Just a bit of a rude shock which I'm sure he'll get over.
                      However, I'm doubting he'll be going back to that shop.

Comment

Did they tell him the first service was free?

Unless they did, he purchased a bike, which he has taken delivery of - he didn't purchase a maintenance agreement as well

Pretty sure the only way you get a free service these days is if you screw the sales guy down on it?
                        “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Originally posted by thro View Post
                          Did they tell him the first service was free?
                          From what he's saying, the sales guy "inferred" it was free. Obviously not.
                          Either way, what's done is done, he's just not a happy motorcyclist at this point. Someone's going to get his service dollars, just not the original dealer.

Comment

Yeah I got stung around $170 ish for an oilchange -2 hours off from work. Could have done it myself for about $40 and will probably do just that in future as I wasn't overly happy. If my bike needs servicing it will be either at Kawasaki shop I trust or Patto's Ducati

Comment

Working...
                            X