VFR Recall Done Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFR Recall Done Today

nice big fat shiny red wires now adorn the underseat where once were bits of cotton. They shouldn't fry any time soon. Betcha the fookin rectifier goes now
    Last edited by flashpixx; 10-12-2007, 07:13 PM. Reason: speelin

I've never seen wiring so under-spec than that I had on my VFR.
    I ended up installing additional grounds and an extra +ve rail between the battery and R/R.

Honda had the intelligence to install a length of 15A wiring in a 30A circuit, the logic of which I still can't comprehend.

Comment

what's the story with the recall?

any reference to year/build numbers?

Comment

02-05 models
        has been posted more than once
        check with your favourite honda dealer.

Comment

aah, god bless Honda electrics: stopping Honda riders from getting too far up themselves since 1972
          For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
          For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

Originally posted by Jonchilds View Post
            check with your favourite honda dealer.
            fair enough.

[edit] VIN Range: JH2RC46U*2M400005 to JH2RC46U*5M700241

mine just falls in that by a hundred or so.
            any way to check if it's already done without going to the dealer?
            Last edited by Brougham; 11-12-2007, 08:59 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

Yes, they replaced a section of the wiring harness.
              No idea what to check for.

Comment

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                aah, god bless Honda electrics: stopping Honda riders from getting too far up themselves since 1972
                Oi you - Take a glance at the world championships trophy cabinet once in a while buddy
                Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

^^ got world supersport titles?

“Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

^^^ see Jeff, you knew it was a forlorn hope

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                    .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

Its only a matter of time before ASIMO gives up the ghost.
                      In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                      Its the little things that make the difference
                      Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                      If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Working...
                      X