Better than Flushmount?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better than Flushmount?

With the help of my PSB friends (Thanks) flush mount indicators = poor viz= yellow sticker = NO GO
    I have an idea (see pics) that will get rid of the indicators on My R1 and am asking for some thoughts on the matter. Im thinking they will provide about as much viz as standard indicators that hang out like dogs balls.
    Has anyone done this before....probably?
    Vizz at night with the lights on?could be an issue.
    Legal? dare I ask!
    could i run orange parks and make it flash brighter for the indicator?(may look like the RAC)or run two lights, 1 park that drops off when the indicator takes over?
    Do you need front parks in this case?We could maybe include them?
    Anyhow, ive dolled it up quickly in PS, what you think?
    ps, I would use an orange globe so it would be clear when not in use.
    Sorry about the quality of pixxxxs
    Attached Files
    Success is Choice.

Get a higher wattage globe, problem sorted. That light is in its own compartment so it shouldnt be drowned out by the other lamp units. I say go for it.
    I love two strokes. Because they annoy the shit out of people. ^_^

Comment

can't see why it wouldn't be legal just as long as it is understand able at night coz it isn't really the cops you need to worry about is it just the other [email protected] hey
      sorry drinkstable i swear i havn't had a crink alll night

Comment

I actually bought a set of "Euro" indicators as they were called for my R1, never quite got to fit them, but basically entail replacing the running lights in the corner with a small array of LEDs to give you additional turn signalling. I think it'd be a good way to go. Would probably still run side lights though, just to be safe.

Comment

No luck searching for EURO indicators TORQ. Where you get them from?
          Success is Choice.

Comment

You are an idiot if you get flushmount indicators or those shit LED ones you can't see for shit.
            You are as bad as people who don't indicate, complete disregard, and if you are involved in an accident, or are the cause of one, you deserve zero sympathy.

These are what I have on the R1, a proper globe, orange indicators, and are visible in bright sunlight.
            They also happen to be 100% LEGAL.
            Should be able to get them from any bike shop, they are Oxford brand over here.
            Seriously, lights are one of the things you shouldn't fuck with on a bike.
            What you are proposing may work, but I'll bet you anything they aren't legal.

Comment

Hey Desmogod,
              Thanks for your constructive criticism and suggestion from DR BIKE but at least have a look at what im proposing.
              The last thing i want to do is reduce viz and thats why ive dumped the idea of flush mounts.
              I cant see at this stage how what I want to do is going to reduce my indicator vis that much, hence this thread to gain some market opinion and research on the subject. Have a look around at other designs on the market. Indicator incorporation is not a new thing.
              If you look at the design proposal, it is pretty much inline with the stock indacator mount.
              Success is Choice.

Comment

If you have a look at how bright R1 headlights are, you will see the sense in locating the indicators as far from them as possible.
                Just as in indication (see what I did there?) try putting a flashing orange globe next to your lights on low beam and see how visible they are.
                I'm seriously not trying to piss on your parade, it's not the height or width apart thats the issue, but I think you'll find that 5W of indicator will be nigh on useless next to the 60 odd W of headlights.

Comment

Yep, good point.
                  Went out, did that and I still think it's ok.
                  Parks have its own reflection shields and I could assist and increase the indicators intensity by putting a polished stainless sheet insert between it and the main light thus deflecting the indicator light source to produce better clarity.
                  Success is Choice.

Comment

Give it a crack mate, just watch out for canaries

Comment

Let the mods begin!!!
                      on ya,
                      cheers
                      ps. what colour your R1?Keep an eye out for ya since your NOR?
                      Success is Choice.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post

Wow, you got HOT desmo

Comment

I've actually just put some clear lenses on my indicators and I dont even like that.

They look better, but they are less visible than the orange lenses and direct sunlight concerns me a little. Will see how I go and reconsider in a day or two after another good look.

Comment

You need to look hear mate, Untitled Document

These are the best ones of the type your looking for, I have ever seen (in the Uk!) for visibility as they shut your turning side main beam off to allow the orange globe to be seen, as for legalities I have no idea, as you are effectivley running without one headlight on, although this could possibly be rectified by using a dim dip relay, as then you still have 10-20% power going to your headlight globe?.
                              Also I have no idea about running lights, as all the bikes I see them on had there headlights wired to be on all the time (ignition live) and used dim dip relays to get around the legal issues in the uk?.
                              As for Australia I dunno so pays your money and take a chance!
                              Designed by a Genius.
                              Built by Craftsmen.
                              Ridden by a TWAT!

Comment

Working...
                              X