Q's bout regulator/rectifier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q's bout regulator/rectifier

i have to relocate my regulator/rectifier..
    does it have to breathe? does it get hot/how hot (if so will it melt undertray plastic?? can it get wet or not?

Breath no.... hot yes... melt plastic shouldnt but could if it has issues.
    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
    Its the little things that make the difference
    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

can it get wet?

Comment

Originally posted by abelg View Post
        i have to relocate my regulator/rectifier..
        does it have to breathe? does it get hot/how hot (if so will it melt undertray plastic?? can it get wet or not?

i had had one melt wasnt pretty got it fixed then sold the pile of shit bike

dam honda's
        Is Dead

Comment

can it get wet?? <<probbally the biggest of my worry

Comment

In theory yes but probably not the best constantly.
            In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
            Its the little things that make the difference
            Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
            If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

The housing can get wet, as they tend to be a fairly well sealed unit, but the wiring should be kept dry, along with the connectors.

They're best in a place were they can get some airflow as this is likely to extend their life. They can't be covered up entirely, as heat produced needs to escape.

They have been known to melt the plastic/resin casting in the back of the unit when they fail, but shouldn't melt ABS plastic under normal conditions.
              R/R's are usually mounted on a metal surface like your frame or sub-frame to help dissapate heat...

Comment

Also need to be a good ground as well.
                You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

New R1's run the regulator in the ram air ducts, just before the air filter, So be careful what type you use. the ones that fit 98-01 R1's have a large heat sink, mount behind the motor on the undertray near the shock. I know these retrofit onto Honda's very well. They don't have to be grounded as they have an earthing wire.
                  Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Working...
                  X