Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Pump on ZZR 250

Hey guys,

been trying to fix a small water leak on my bike, thought it was the water pump housing seal, cleaned it all up and replaced the seal and gasket goo'ed it, cleaned up the surrounding area and tested it out, seems to be leaking from the actual water pump seal, how do I go about getting it out, is it just a matter of pulling it out?? no bolts??

I didn't want to have a go just yet as the bike is stilll some what rideable and I dont have the new seal yet.

Thanks in advance
    <div></div>

just fix it with duct tape?

Comment

If it's coming out of the little tell-tale hole you'll need a new one. Talk to Motorcycle Masters in Kewdale, they have them for $80-$100 usually.

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

seems to just drip at the bottom?
        <div></div>

Comment

It will probably be just the mechanical seal behind the impellor, Pull it apart and check for corrosion.If it is all good , just replace the mechanical seal and gasket. Good to check the manual for installation as some have a neoprene seal on the washer at the front of the impellor and others don't. I am assuming you have a good idea of what your doing, if not use as mechanic.
          Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

That's the thing about gravity, most times the drips will be at the bottom.

What is best in life? Troll the forums, see the threads derailed before you and hear the lamentations of the moderators.

Comment

yeah, that sounded kinda stupid but what I mean i think the leak is right at teh bottom, it doesn't appear to be running around from the side or anything.

I swear she knows when I'm thinking of selling her and does something like this.
              <div></div>

Comment

Originally posted by CitizenD View Post
                Talk to Motorcycle Masters in Kewdale
                +1. They sorted my bike out.

Comment

Originally posted by CitizenD View Post
                  If it's coming out of the little tell-tale hole you'll need a new one. Talk to Motorcycle Masters in Kewdale, they have them for $80-$100 usually.

had a look at it today, I'm guessing it's coming out of that hole.

so is that new or 2nd hand??
                  <div></div>

Comment

Second handers - I think you're looking at about $300 for new.

Comment

so coudln't you just plug that hole with something??

bitta knead-it
                      <div></div>

Comment

Working...
                      X