Question 4 electronics Guru

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question 4 electronics Guru

Im installing a Autocom kit atm. Before i go to crazy have spent the last 2 days pulling bike apart and rewiring things that I didnt like ie headphones etc.
    Now In the testing phase and have hit a problem with My phone connection.
    The kit comes with a 2.5mm to 3.5mm cord that is suppost to connect to a phone. the problem is th phones headset has a 2.5mm jack with a 4 "post".
    so when hooked up I can hear in stereo but cant speak back, im assuming this is because the cable only has a "3 post " and the missing segment is the voice out or transmit part???
    Any one confirm this or Know if I can buy the cord at say dicksmith???
    Sis pacis. Instruo pro bellum.

What phone is it?

Comment

O2 atom. the headset has a 2.5mm jack with 4 segment post, tested and working fine.

Comment

2.5mm Male to 3.5mm Male Audio Adapter for the O2 XDA II Mini : Mr.Gadget Australia

Im not sure if the mini has the same jack. It might be worth ringing jaycar or altronics and ask what they have, if you get a half clued on person. I had a brief look on the website's and couldnt find anything specific.

Im sure somethings out there though

Comment

yeah ive been searching but havnt found anything that is specific.
          wondering if the unit will support 4 band stuff or of I need to go mono or something similar

Comment

I found the pinouts if you want them. But im guessing you already know them??

Comment

You WONT get true stereo AND be able to use the phone. The inputs are set up with a "3 post" connection inside, that won't allow for L + R + C + Mic.
              If you want to muck around and "split" the phone lead so Audio ( L + R + Common ) goes into music input and Mic + Common ( shared) goes into the phone hole THEN you will get true stereo + phone use. It works a treat that way with the StarCom1 and Zumo GPS ( there is a standard cable just for it ). BUT I think your Autocom will reduce the sound when the phone is in use ( not sure).
              What I do for a crust www.dmme.com.au and www.starcom1.com.au

Comment

why don't you buy the proper connector from autocom?

Comment

Originally posted by Viper View Post
                  why don't you buy the proper connector from autocom?
                  Because good sir, i am a fool

have wired up a 3.5 mm
                  however still after 2 attempts (lets just say the first plug met with a melty premature death)
                  still getting both earphones working but still no voice.
                  I think i will admit I am crap and order one from autocom.

Comment

Working...
                  X