filling a hole in fairings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• filling a hole in fairings

The previous owner of my bike decided it would be a fantastic idea to try and hold the ducktail of my bike together by drilling holes into it. The result is that i have holes (look like drilled holes) on both sides of the tail, probably about 2-3mm in diameter. Anyone got any good methods to get rid of said holes?
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

pix might be helpful.
    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
    Its the little things that make the difference
    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

how? its a hole on a flat piece of fairing, not much behind it
      If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Yes - you can get a kit containing abs powder and solvent (plus applicators etc) for about $20 from most bike shops, can't remember what it's called but it might be "kwikfix" or something like that.

Build up the edge a bit, let it dry, build it up etc until you've filled the hole - will take about 10 minutes. Then sand and paint.

Piece of piss.
        "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Devcon maybe ?

Comment

like q bond? I have some of that, just wasnt too sure if i could use that much on it. Building up slowly seems like a good idea, thanks

*edit* @starfish

Comment

go to reece plumbing and get a small tin of ABS glue and a piece of abs pipe cut it up and glue it in

Comment

How big are the holes? Fibreglass tape (the shit they use for plastering) on the inside of the fairing will provide a bass for some sort off epoxy resin (q-bond or whateva) to stick to.
                Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing.

Comment

Working...
                X