dodgy fuel..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dodgy fuel..

Ok, after having a couple of jerry cans in my garage for a little while - I decided to fill the bike last night when i got home..

Anyhow, on the way to work this morning - the bike's farting and spluttering.. and soundin REALLY nasty.. almost like a harley..

I've come to the conclusion that the fuels either off, or there is moisture there.. ( even tho the fuel was stored in a cool, dark location )

Is there any way to dump this at a servo and fill up with some decent stuff ? will servo's be able to dispose of crap fuel ? or should i try and ride it out till i get home..

I'm a bit worried that it might either crap the bike, or the bike might decide it will not like this - and at 100km/h - might not be fantastic for me..

suggestions ?
    Come and see us in the 2011 Avon Descent - we're racing boat #234 !

run it through the lawnmower till all gone, or maybe it's a good excuse for a good old fashion bon-fire?
    I think about sex every tits seconds.

Comment

syphon the fuel out into a bucket, then sell it to someone of no specific ethnic background for them to sniff, then refil at nearest servo.
      Originally posted by kyliejane
      benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
      Originally posted by harns
      Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

that went nicely with your Sig Kwakas

Comment

BP reccomends that fuel is used within 6 months of leaving the refinery, so if it's been sitting there that long you'll probably find it's a bit off.

I would only be concerned about it containing water if it's got ethanol in it.

If you want to use the fuel in the bike, it might be best to go 1/2 and 1/2 with new and old fuel.

Comment

yeah, I dont think I'll have access to a hose around here.. and the CPP guy might not appreciate me sucking 10L of fuel onto the ground

tho, it might be interesting if i threw a match at it as i rode off.. ^_^

Might just go to the servo on the way home.. try and dilute it up with some good fuel... bugger !

Comment

Just tip it down your nearest stormwater grate one evening, then go get some fresh stuff!
              "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

if that's the case, chuck a bit of octane boost in it too.
                Originally posted by kyliejane
                benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
                Originally posted by harns
                Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

just remember not to pour it on the grass :o

Comment

Originally posted by taint View Post
                    just remember not to pour it on the grass :o
                    Just remember to find somebody you dislike and pour it on their grass.
                    such comment
                    wow
                    many post

Comment

would it be wrong to write a swear word with it ?

( then match it up.. )

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
                        Just remember to find somebody you dislike and pour it on their grass.
                        hehe, I was going to add not to pour it on your Own grass

Comment

Find dorrington, write him an essay on why motorcycles haters aren't cool
                          Dual sport riders do it in the dirt

Comment

Why don't you just chuck it in your car??
                            Wes

Comment

Originally posted by Tenchi View Post
                              Find dorrington, write him an essay on why motorcycles haters aren't cool
                              • Dorrington G E
                              • 10 Braemar St Rockingham 6168
                              • Dorrington G S & G M
                              • 11 Risley Way Carine 6020

If only it was that easy to find his address..
                              such comment
                              wow
                              many post

Comment

Working...
                              X