Painting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting?

I'm planning on painting my bike at some point in the future and I found this site Painting well on the cheap - Ninja250Wiki

I was wondering whether everything in there is correct. That is to say, if I follow what it says to do I'll be fine.

Cheers.
    Feels good man.

i painted my ex bike with spray cans

looked good too!

Comment

oh and those steps should work, i mean theres heaps of different ways.... just depends on money and time and place etc

Comment

oh shit, not a brush!!!

Rattle cans are expensive for the amount of paint, if you can lay hands on a compressor (hire one maybe?) and gun you'll probably end up with a better job and the same or slightly lower price.

Prep is same - get rid of any grease and shit, then wet sand it to give something for the paint to mechanically grab.
        "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Ok sweet. Yeah I've got a mate with a compressor/spraygun so that shouldn't be a problem.
          Feels good man.

Comment

Oh yeah and what about the tank. Being metal is the procedure any different?
            Feels good man.

Comment

nope - but if you rub any of it back to metal you'll need to prime it fairly pronto, before it rusts.
              "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

Pm 'Stone' he should give you good advise i think
                LIVE TO RIDE AND RIDE TO LIVE
                LET THOSE WHO RIDE DECIDE

'Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out,
                shouting 'FUCK YEAH ...WHAT A RIDE!'

REGRET NOTHING YOUVE DONE

Comment

No need to pm me, I read just past brush..... Ignore anything that was said in that site!! Then serch in PSB. Much less bullshit in this whole site than what was written in that link.It didnt even say what type or grade of paper to use. Nuff said.
                  "YOU CAN TEACH A FAST RIDER TO STOP CRASHING,BUT YOU CANT TEACH A SLOW RIDER TOO RIDE FAST." Mick Doohan

Comment

Originally posted by esquire View Post
                    I'm planning on painting my bike at some point in the future and I found this site Painting well on the cheap - Ninja250Wiki

I was wondering whether everything in there is correct. That is to say, if I follow what it says to do I'll be fine.

Cheers.
                    You can borrow my paint roller if you like. It did a good job in my lounge room.
                    Mike A
                    My anger management classes really PISS ME OFF

Comment

Can't believe they're recommending brushes.

Fucking yanks...
                      such comment
                      wow
                      many post

Comment

Working...
                      X