mix/match tyres?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mix/match tyres?

Im looking for a new set of tyres before the 30th for my cbr250, and im having a bit of trouble finding much in stock anywhere. I was looking at bridgestone bt90/92s or dunlop grp70s. I cant get a set anywhere, but craig at motorcycle pitstop did say he can do the bt92 rear with a gpr70 front. The 70 is a little softer/stickier, so would it be a good/bad combo for my bike? Im not riding that hard on them, but doing a few trackdays. Other option is a set of pilot powers, though ill have to go up from a 140-150 rear

opinions?
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

go up from a 140-170 rear
    What? You mean width?

170 won't fit on your rim, and why 170 size? I have a 160 pilot power on my bike.
    For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
    For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

typo, i meant 150
      If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

I got the stock type arrowmax or whatever on the front and a pirelli on the rear
        doesnt seem to cause any dramas.

I dont think it would matter in the end sam, you arent exactly gonna brake traction (that is what someone said to me when i asked about mis matched tyres)

Comment

Not a drama to have different tyres really. Lots of people run a softer/sticker front than rear cause you go through a rear so much quicker. As for running a 150 rear on your bike it may be a bit interesting (i think you need to run higher pressures to do it).

Just go for a decent rear and a nice sticky front for dorifto action.

Comment

Since getting my BB in March last year I have had the following combo's:
            Well worn D208f +1/2 worn Mich PRr, PPf +1/2 worn PRr and another new PRr, New Shinko 005's f+r and now the 005 f + PR2 rear and have had no real problems with any of them :o.
            That said the PPf + PRr combo was the best handling, the D208f and Shinko front both seemed to get an oscillation happening in the bars under decel with no hands at around 80-70kmh
            As said unless you are racing or the tyre types are completely different then a softer front compared to a rear will tend to wear more the same rate
            #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
            Originally posted by Phildo
            Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
            Originally posted by filbert
            i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
            Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

I say go softer front if you cant match em. I think of it this way: softer means more stick, less slip. Which one would your prefer to be "slipping": back or front?

Comment

Working...
              X