06/07 Fireblade recall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 06/07 Fireblade recall

Just had a recall notice for the 06/07 CBR1000RR regarding the breather tube on the fuel tank.
    It was hand delivered to my door.
    I read about it on another forum but had heared nothing localy before today.
    So if you have one expect the notice or contact your local dealer if you bought the bike privately
    RR VRT #100
    Sponsors Wanted.
    Thanks to www.superbikesupply.com.au and ProFlow for assistance.
    A 1K throttle is like a hot blond, you really want to hit it but you are afraid of the consequences :black eye:

Yeah I got the letter during the week. Now I know what people who buy
    Commodores go through!

"The air vent pipe in the fuel tank may resonate at a specific engine RPM
    causing a crack to develop in the brazed portion of the air vent pipe..."
    Spiral out, keep going...

Comment

Originally posted by Stu View Post
      Now I know what people who buy Commodores go through!
      It's not just Commonwhores.... it's just that it makes the news when it is a Commodore and Holden let the media know about it, unlike some (actually a lot) of supposedly top quality marques. Mitsubishi don't even bother, they just sweep problems under the carpet.

Check out the list Product Recalls Australia - Main page

Comment

Dear Honda Owner,

We trust you are pleased with your recent purchase.

It has however come to our attention through our design and development workshop that a critical part of your motor cycle has been over looked during the design, manufacture and delivery of your CBR1000RR.

This flaw unfortunately is the boredom inherit with the CBR1000RR range and has come into light by a recent increase of Honda riders falling asleep at the controls of their machine.

At your earliest convenience please make an appointment at your local Honda dealership where at no cost your we will install some excitement into your bike.

Yours Sincerely

Shinji Aoyoma

President and CEO
        Honda
        Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

I'm sure you meant to say:

Originally posted by TurboR1 View Post
          Dear Honda Owner,

It has however come to our attention through our design and development workshop that a critical part of your motor cycle has been over looked during the design, manufacture and delivery of your CBR1000RR.

This flaw unfortunately is the boredom inherit with the CBR1000RR range and has come into light by a recent increase of Honda riders falling asleep at the controls of their machine.

At your earliest convenience please make an appointment at your local Honda dealership where at no cost your we will install some YAMAHA into your bike.

Yours Sincerely

Shinji Aoyoma

President and CEO
          Honda
          Your just gonna hafta stop being so subtle/gentle, they're Honda riders, they're used to the abuse .
          .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

Originally posted by smeghead View Post
            Your just gonna hafta stop being so subtle/gentle, they're Honda riders, they're used to the abuse .
            Don't get me started on Kwakas and Ducatis! Cappucino Boy.
            Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

When I saw your name next to a Honda thread Robin, I had to see the abuse, glad I dont ride a Honda anymore!

So when are you upgrading ? ... ^_^
              07 MV F41000R
              09 Blazing orange Speed Triple
              07 CBR 600RR trackbike
              sigpic http://www.ozspeedphotography.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Ozboy View Post
                When I saw your name next to a Honda thread Robin, I had to see the abuse, glad I dont ride a Honda anymore!

So when are you upgrading ? ... ^_^
                Yes ...Robin when are you upgrading to a Suzuki...

You can't get an MV...there aren't allowed to be ridden in the wet, or if its hot...

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                  Yes ...Robin when are you upgrading to a Suzuki...

You can't get an MV...there aren't allowed to be ridden in the wet, or if its hot...
                  ...or anywhere that isnt going to or coming from a cafe...
                  You put the c*nt in country run

Comment

As a professional Hoonda Basher i find your comments Robin to be in poor taste but inherently correct, So keep up the good work.

Reputation points will follow.
                    Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Dear Honda Owner,

At your earliest convenience please make an appointment at your local Honda dealership where at no cost your we will install some excitement into your bike.

Yours Sincerely

Shinji Aoyoma

President and CEO
                      Honda
                      Shit those yamaharley things you ride must be a handfull to make them exciting to ride at the pace they get around the place. 10.30 odd 1/4 mile I seem to recall!!
                      I suppose that would be exciting if you were used to riding a CT110.
                      RR VRT #100
                      Sponsors Wanted.
                      Thanks to www.superbikesupply.com.au and ProFlow for assistance.
                      A 1K throttle is like a hot blond, you really want to hit it but you are afraid of the consequences :black eye:

Comment

rabble

When was the last time yamaha won anything?

“Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Yamaha won the Australian sorry East Coast Superbike and Supersport Championship this year!

So looking forward to returning to work in the new year .... :o

Comment

Thanks for the info Rob.

Pfffffttttttt to the rest of the comments!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dingo View Post
                              Yamaha won the Australian sorry East Coast Superbike and Supersport Championship this year!

So looking forward to returning to work in the new year .... :o
                              And the WA superbike Title, Second in WSB, Second in Moto GP. First around my block. And a trifecta with WTF racing.
                              Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Working...
                              X