Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlights, gauges and indicators?

Just a quick question.

Do all/most headlights, indicators and gauges use the same connections? I pretty much mean just the 250's. Unless it is in fact entirely universal.

Thx.
    Feels good man.

no

Pretty sure different brands usually use different plug.

Possible that something could be rewired to suit if it doesn't fit.

What were you thinking?
    No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

VTR250 headlight, gauges and indicators on a ZZR.
      Feels good man.

Comment

im pretty sure it would be hard to wire honda gauges to work on a kwaka.. headlight and indicators wouldnt be a problem though.

Comment

So headlights and indicators are universal?

Anyone know where I could find gauges similar to those from a VTR to fit a kwaka?

Cheers
          Feels good man.

Comment

Headlights/indicators/warning lights etc shouldnt be an issue. Just a matter of figuring out what each wire does and butchering the plug. As for the speedo & tacho, the VTR runs cables as does the ZZR im assuming. The issue you're going to have is calibration and possibly the connection of those cables. Seems like alot of headfuck for something you're gunna get rid of in a few months.
            In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
            Its the little things that make the difference
            Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
            If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Doesn't have to be the exact VTR ones. Just ones like them. You know, just a simple round headlamp w/ fork mounts and gauges that attach to either the handlebars, forks or headlamp.
              Feels good man.

Comment

Yep. You're going to struggle alright
                In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                Its the little things that make the difference
                Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

z750 gauges
                  Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

Originally posted by Falcore View Post
                    z750 gauges
                    Yeah I thought of that. But those gauges go way higher than the ZZR and also they would probably be a bit costly.
                    Feels good man.

Comment

Meh, a speedo that goes to 330 can only give you extra street cred.

Comment

I suggest you take the front fairings off and have a good hard look at what elese you need to hide. Usually manufacutrers use the fairings to make all sorts of ugglyness disappear. It could be done depends how good you are with wiring diagrams. On a 250 its probally much easier than on a newer machine with the elcetronic dashes. Speedo's usually are ethier 34 rpm or 45?? per 10kms twin cylinder pulse off a tacho you would just have to work out if the tacho just uses one cylinder or both (normally only one) athough if the signal wire comes from the ignition box its likely it uses both. It could be done but I think you need to have a good hard think about it because it might not achieve what you would like it too by simply fitting these items. There is probally a heap of plumbing frame brackets wiring voltage rectifyers that also have to disappear before you get the look you are chasing.
                        Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

the indicators are not universal if you are talking about the actual plugs, but it is nothing a soldering iron and heat shrink won't fix.
                          Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

What about the headlight, gauges and indicators off a Balius? Same plugs?
                            Feels good man.

Comment

I doubt the Gauges would fit and the others wouldn't be too hard to fit if the connections are different
                              10.81 BLADE

I'm a flirtalicious

Comment

Working...
                              X