Flasher relay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flasher relay

Please, no FLAMING, ive read the other threads!!!
    Im having the same drama everyone has with fitting leds to my bike. Ive read a few threads on the subject, pulled my bike apart and hooked up leds to the front of my R1 2007 with 10W resistors inline and the things still flash fast, then someone tells me that they think the 07 R1's need a different set up or something, anyway,
    so ive read about changing the flasher relay to a Non-load sensitive flasher relay. Seems like a better alternative than soldering in resistors all round and the like.
    1: Has anyone done this to a R1, and
    2: Will changing this relay on my bike affect anything else? (i dont think but...)
    3: Where is my flasher relay!?
    4: Is this the best way too go.

Cheers
    Success is Choice.

10W resistor of what value? Also, did you put the resistor in series or parralel with the LEDs?
    In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
    Its the little things that make the difference
    Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
    If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Value of 47. I ran 1 X10W in series between earth on.
      Success is Choice.

Comment

Reading some more i think i should have wired in parralel. In series on the earth the way i did it would allow the current to pass through the leds first thus the resistor having nill effect? i think, Ill give it a go.
        Success is Choice.

Comment

You should wire a 10W resistor, approx 20-50 ohms (this changes flash rate) in parallel with EACH globe. This is the cheap way.

The other way is to get an LED flasher relay to replace your standard flasher can.

Comment

An easier (but more expensive way) is to just replace the flasher relay. Plug and play without the resistors.

Comment

^^ what lee said.

In essence, all you're trying to do is increase the resistance on the LED circuit to be similar/same as the bulbs you're replacing, because the LED resistance is bugger all in comparison, which is why they flash quicker.

Replacement relay would be the easiest way.
              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Do you have LED's on the rear also, if not they don't need a resistor at all. Just wire them in as per normal. Thats how mine is and Torq's was on the old bike.
                Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

Cheers guys , all done. Had the resistors already so i soldered them in. All go.
                  Success is Choice.

Comment

If anyone else is curious, I got a plug n play relay for ratedr for about $50, allows me to run any combo of led and globe lights. Took 10s to install and works great

Comment

Working...
                    X