Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSX-R1000K4 mirrors

Fluff

I bought my GSX-R1000K4 second hand and it's been dropped or had a low speed off on the left hand side (fair bit of cosmetic damage).

Anyway, one thing that's puzzling me is the left hand mirror cannot seem to be adjusted into any useful position as the ball socket seems to be prohibiting it. Upon closer inspection of it's range of angles etc, it seems that it would be perfectly fine if it were fitted on the right hand side of the bike..

So, the question

Are the left and right hand mirrors interchangable (and my left hand one damaged) or are they different units despite the ball socket fitting, and mine has somehow acquired two right hand mirrors?

wouldnt work, your left indicator would come on if you indicate right and vice verse
    If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

Originally posted by semi View Post
      wouldnt work, your left indicator would come on if you indicate right and vice verse
      Is this an attempt at humour, or did you completely misread that?
      FTP

Comment

attempt at humour
        but apparently:
        If cleanliness is next to godliness, why was jesus a dirty sandal-wearing beardo?

Comment

I'd say you're probably right.

(btw, gixxers didn't have indicators in the mirrors till K6)
          FTP

Comment

rly? I was gonna research it, but decided that i CBF
            obviously a bad move eh?

Comment

Looks that way.

edit: Just so we're not completely fucking your topic up, I had a look at a bunch of pictures of K3/K4 mirrors, and it looks as though they are angled to suit a particular side. FWIW, my Honda mirrors were the same.
              FTP

Comment

It was all worth it for the failboat graphic.

Comment

Generally mirrors aren't cosmetically interchangable between sides.
                  You can still mount the mirror, but they'll be at different angles.

Comment

I have this classic image in my head of someone at some stage in the bike's life replacing the mirror, standing back with this big satisfied smile..

"Aw for FUCKS sake.."

Comment

Working...
                    X