Shocks re conditioned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shocks re conditioned

So i have pulled the shocks off my cbr600f and they are leaking slighty. I have noticed recently that they are pretty soft so I decided to get them fixed.

Can anyone suggest a repairer that they know does a good job every time and can give me honest advice regards they condition of them?

I hear that Russel Speaks at Dynotime is the man. . .

Originally posted by Elad View Post

I hear that Russel Speaks at Dynotime is the man. . .
    Correct you are.

I'm sure people will suggest others also though but Russell is great.

Comment

You say shocks ?? You mean the forks ? If so I'll do em for $50 labour + parts, seals about $40-$45, oil $20.

MM

Comment

Where are they leaking? Is it just the main seals? Are you at all mechanically minded?
        "Once upon a time we would obey in public, but in private we would be cynical; today, we announce cynicism, but in private we obey."

Comment

I am mildly mechanically minded, am good once i have pulled something apart ;-)

I do mean the forks... i have a car background so they look like shocks to me - my appologies! lol

I got prices to redo them between 200 and 280 so 50 plus parts sound good. Would you mind if i hang about while ya do them and pick your brain MM?

I would ideally like to get them done asap and I am sure that everyone would be busy as it is then beggining of the year so if you could do them early next week I might do that MM.

edit: marty, they are just leaking from the top seal.

pm sent mate.
          Last edited by Elad; 04-01-2008, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty MOOSE View Post
            You say shocks ?? You mean the forks ? If so I'll do em for $50 labour + parts, seals about $40-$45, oil $20.

MM
            Fuck Marty, for that price I'm tempted to pull all the forks from all my bikes and get you to do them all.

Could do them myself easily but that is a bargain price.:o

Hmmm, How do I prop up eight bikes while the forks are off.

To be old and wise you must first be young and stupid.

Originally posted by PSB Forum Software
            Sorry, no matter how much you try, you can not ignore yourself.

Comment

hey marty have u done rgv upside downer,s ????

Comment

Note this is a forks removed price ONLY.

I have done many types over the years and all diff brands.RGV forks are pretty easy and low tech.Note I can also tailor your suspension to suit you if you know what you want in your set up.

Elad will get in contact with you early in the week my workshop is covered in race glass moulds atm ie CRAP everywhere it need to be cleaner to do suspension. Got your PM.

MM

Comment

Priority's please Marty........

Team mates first Just jokes.
                  Sponsored by:

Billetta Imports, Motorcycle Panel & Paint, Pirelli, YAMALUBE

Comment

Marty, do you rebuild RGV rear shocks too?
                    You do realise you are going to get every man and his dog wanting fork rebuilds now.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmogod View Post
                      Marty, do you rebuild RGV rear shocks too?
                      You do realise you are going to get every man and his dog wanting fork rebuilds now.

Yep shocks so long as they don't have a stepped preload adjuster(RGV ok) as I don't have a spring compresser. I will have to get one soon though as my r6 has a STUPID stepped adjuster

It only takes about 45 minutes to service a set of forks. I.E dis-assemble clean parts and re-assemble with new seals. Any extra time setting oil levels,sags,geometry to suit riding style will cost more.

Still cheap and the results of even minor set up are normally marked.

Have to clean up the shed first though I have made HUGE mess over the last week building race glass moulds, it will take a day to tidy up and the w/end is out and Monday being 40c not much will be done til Tuesday.

MM

Comment

Originally posted by BlackFZR View Post
                        Priority's please Marty........

Team mates first Just jokes.

BWWWAAAAA Team mate means you are the first person I want to beat Cough up $200 per fork leg with you doing all the work. I have some realy good oil for you! Looks just like water

MM

Comment

Anyone have recommendations for spring strength and fork oil to use front and rear for an RGV going on the track?
                          I'm about 95 Kilos.

Comment

desmo: extra virgin is good, but get a first pressing oil if you can, it's a little bit heavier for a larger gent like yourself.
                            For LAMS information and resources - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-156358/
                            For LAMS discussion and to ask questions - http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...thread-143289/

Comment

.. this is so the wrong oil for Desmo , I reckon peanut would work tho

Originally posted by barfridge View Post
                              desmo: extra virgin is good, but get a first pressing oil if you can, it's a little bit heavier for a larger gent like yourself.
                              .. and thats Racer # 193 to y'all; my fabulous sponsors (who all do good shit) are: Graeme Fleming IT Consultants, Vision Image, Pacific Safety Wear, Excess Power Equipment, Pro Photo Booth

.. and according to Sean'o: 'get the Kwaka (never thought i would say that!)'

Comment

Working...
                              X