Side stand strength

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Side stand strength

So. I've been noticing the side stand on the R1 flexs a little. Just wondering if anyone has ever snapped on or if its easy to fit a stronger stand from another manufacturer. I mean I don't think its just going to break but I don't have the confidence to spin the bike around on the stand like i've seen people do (and i did on the old bike)
    Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing.

Do it all the time, never had one snap..

Not to say it won't happen

Comment

I do it all the time and yes mine flexes....
      Atlas Performance, dyna pumps, " your name goes here"

Comment

From experience... you can feel every one of those 200KG of R1 as it balances on your hip when they do let go.
        Trying to think of a wise and sincere signature quote, but the only words that leap to mind are, "TITTY SPRINKLES"

Comment

mine has the skinniest most unconfident looking piece of crappy metal as a sidestand. I dont trust it at all.
          Have you won the game recently?? Post here

Comment

First time I spun my 250 around on the stand I was impressed, haven't tried the big bike yet :p

/OT

Go ahead and play the blues if it'll make you happy.

Homer Simpson

Comment

always do it with the 929 mate..... flexes too

Comment

well if he honda's flex aswell then. hmmm. Its not like i need to spin it all the time, just he odd occassion

Comment

How exactly does this spinning it on the side stand work?

Comment

Originally posted by timmy View Post
                    Reverse gear, what reverse gear

Comment

DO NOT do it on R1's.
                      The side stands are apparently made from the same material as the 2nd gear.

Comment

Oh Snap
                        I love two strokes. Because they annoy the shit out of people. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by timmy View Post
                          When its on the stand pull the bike over more so the wheels are off the ground and all the wait is on the stand, then spin it to get out of a tight spot.

I've heard of an '02/'03 stand snapping.

How hard would it be to fit a different stand to it. Anyone do it before?

Comment

Originally posted by Stratos View Post
                            Oh Snap
                            I see what you did there.
                            In complete darkness we are all the same. It is only our knowledge and wisdom that seperate us. Dont let your eyes deceive you.
                            Its the little things that make the difference
                            Originally posted by IPIT on relationships
                            If either/both of you can take a dump with the other person being next to you within a week of meeting them then you're in with a VERY good chance.

Comment

Always do it.

edit:
                              timmy, uploading a video (of a turbo busa, but he spins it at the end ) ... stand by...

Err.... likn no worky for some reason... fixing it...
                              Last edited by thro; 08-01-2008, 06:36 PM.
                              “Crashing is shit for you, shit for the bike, shit for the mechanics and shit for the set-up,” Checa told me a while back. “It’s a signal that you are heading in the wrong direction. You want to win but crashing is the opposite. It’s like being in France when you want to go to England and when you crash you go to Spain. That way you’ll never get to England!” -- Carlos Checa

Comment

Working...
                              X