Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pipe Without PC3

Hey.

Will be getting a Yoshimura TRS slip on, and was just wondering if it was possible to do this mod without the aid of a PC3, and still get good results.

Im really looking for a more linear power curve, but would rather prefer not to fork out a lot extra.

Cheers

-lucas

Should be ok... but if you end up doing airfilter as well... you really should think about getting that PC3.

EDIT: I just re-read your post. If all you want is a more linear power curve, throwing a pipe on will probably not do it. The pipe will give you more performance and it will alter your power curve, however if all you want is to smooth out that curve, just go for a PC3, and spend a bit of time with a good dyno tuner.
    If you can... you MUST!

Comment

Bike will run lean.

Comment

If you get the pipe make sure you do the filter such as BMC. I think most places will recommend that.

If you get the PC3 then you need to dyno tune it which ads up.
        Say 300-700 for PC3 + 250 for dyno tune @ Dyno Time.
        Will you insure me?!

Comment

If you get the pipe make sure you do the filter such as BMC. I think most places will recommend that.

If you get the PC3 then you need to dyno tune it which ads up.
          Say 300-700 for PC3 + 250 for dyno tune @ Dyno Time.
          That will depend on the age of the bike. If you have a late model bike fitting a BMC or K&N filter will do nothing!!! it will only reduce your maintinance costs, speak to Russel at Dyno Time. All late model bikes have good quality air filters fitted already, on the dyno it does not show any horse power gain.

But in saying this, if you took a look at my HRC filters fitted to the Blade, they look like floor mesh :roll:

Comment

Calvin if they look like floor mesh i think you were riped ........
            dig dig

"Nothing to see here move along"

Comment

pipe aint gonna do shit. maybe a couple of horse power. tried de-restricting it?

depending on what sort of bike:

GSXR1000 de-restriction
              this will retard 2nd and 3rd to have the same curve as 5th.

2nd and 3rd are restricted due to ADR requirements.
              ...and on the seventh day God said "Let there be light!", and Chuck Norris said "say please!"

Comment

Calvin if they look like floor mesh i think you were riped ........
                dig dig
                Put it this way, they won't stop sand coming through the filters, race use only :roll:

Comment

MMMMM derestriction.
                  Im curious what would happen if you mix a TRE/derestrictor and a Power Commander/EMS. Would the EMS get confused? Or does it depend on the style of derestrictior.

Comment

Working...
                  X