CBR250 acceleration question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBR250 acceleration question

I have a problem with my CBR whilst accelerating. As I accelerate there seems a big hole between 3000 and 5000rpm where the engine just bogs down and doesn't want to go. Once past this then it accelerates fine.

Sometimes whilst going around roundabouts I can drop into this hole and then there is no pickup at all to exit.

I have ridden other 250's (GPX) which didn't have this problem.

Any ideas?
    2001 SV650 - Wolf exhaust, racetech emulators, zx10r shock, ignition advance, airbox+jet mods :-)

Re: CBR250 acceleration question

I have a problem with my CBR whilst accelerating.  As I accelerate there seems a big hole between 3000 and 5000rpm where the engine just bogs down and doesn't want to go.  Once past this then it accelerates fine.

Isn't that about the idle speed on one of those... ?

When was the last time it was tuned ? carby's need syncing possibly ?

From what I remember of my CBR2fiddy there was nothing till about 13,000rpm...

Comment

Yep get the carbies cleaned at Tyres for bikes, might take a few hours but you will definately notice a difference once done. Check all the usual suspects as well like dirty fuel, filters etc etc
      1, Always look good
      2, Always know what you're doing
      3, In failure of step 2 refer to step one

Comment

Your wasting ya time below 8000 RPM on those...
        Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

yep, the FZR used to only get going at 11500, anything below that was slip the clutch or drop a gear.....

Comment

6k revs is the lowest you should ever let the rpm on a CBR 250 go when moving. When taking off, high rev start all the way.

Comment

as i have yet to ride mine i havnt really reved it over 5k yet so couldnt tell ya

Comment

as i have yet to ride mine i havnt really reved it over 5k yet so couldnt tell ya  
                Then shuddup! 8)

Comment

Deza wrote:  

wtf was the point of that?

Get the carbys cleaned incase, but yeah theres nothing to the cibby below 8k.. can only compare it to trying to go around a roundabout in 5th in a cage. nothing will happen exept burbling.

Keep the revs up to keep her happy.

Comment

A hole between 3 and 5 thousand rpm in a roundabout? Mate, anything below about 8 thou is a waste of time. 12 - 18 thou is much better
                    I had a vision of my reality once... then turned my back and walked away.

Comment

Here is a good example of what we are talking about:

See how they hide that part of the power curve behind a logo...

Comment

*makes a pointless post to piss off more people*

Comment

http://www.cr-x.org/cbr250/

go to this website shit load of resources for the cibby

you can try going up a couple of tooth on your rear sprocket apparently thats give u much better accelration

Comment

*makes a pointless post to piss off more people*
                            :roll: Nice knowing you buddy.

Sorry to hear about the acceleration hole dave! If it hasnt been serviced give it one, if not go into the roundabouts harder or change the gearing so your outside that rev range when comming into roundabouts at the same speed.

or .. give your wife back her bike and get yourself another big bore!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Comment

aftermarket pipe?
                              ...and on the seventh day God said "Let there be light!", and Chuck Norris said "say please!"

Comment

Working...
                              X