Hummer 250CC Dirt Bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hummer 250CC Dirt Bike

Guys, (hope this is the right place for this thread...)

Has anyone heard about, seen or ridden a Hummer 250CC dirt bike?

My nextdoor neighbours mate is selling an `07 model. Says its hardly been ridden and well looked after blah blah blah but he's selling it pretty cheap.

I had a quick look on the net and they are retailing for almost the same as what he is selling it for ($1500ono).
    I am just curious if its cheap for the wrong reasons (shit quality etc.)

Im after any feedback from people that have actually ridden or know about this bike.

Cheers!
    <div align="center">I believe my ones faster than yours Mr Bond, because my ones a red one! </div>

Probably shit quality {chinese i believes}

Comment

just don't. It'll fall apart before you get a couple of weeks out of it

Comment

Theres a bucket load of 150/175/200/250cc ching chong dirties on ebay going cheap.. I rekon they'd be alright for the kids to fang around the paddock on, i wouldn't hand one to the nitro crew but

Comment

my mates got one, and so does his mate. Just don't, both of theirs were fucked after the 1st ride. Fixed them, another ride and fucked again. pay a bit extra and get a second hand reputable brand bike.
          Originally posted by kyliejane
          benjamin is nobodys friend. if benjamin were an ice cream flavor, he'd be pralines and dick.
          Originally posted by harns
          Good riders don't need insurance though, they can evade any situation

BUY_MY_BIKE!!!

Comment

May i ask what makes them so...well....shit?
            Originally posted by T-roy
            Men don't understand lady's,
            Lady's don't understand lady's,
            Animals don't understand lady's,
            God doesn't even understand lady's.

There is no fucking point!

Comment

Originally posted by Sulph View Post
              May i ask what makes them so...well....shit?
              Build quality - or a lack thereof.

S.
              Chuck Norris is 1/8th Cherokee. This has nothing to do with ancestry, the man ate a fucking Indian.

Comment

Build quality.

Comment

Also component quality and the use of weak materials - for example there were 3 ching chong quadbikes up at alkimos a couple of months ago, all the same brand / capacity etc, however 3 seperate problems had occured 1) one had sheared off one set of rear wheel studs 2) main suspension(swingarm) bolt had snapped 3) steering linkage or knuckle had broken

3 blokes had to pack up and leave - all wishing they had spent 1k more and bought a second hand warrior / blaster / trx / banshee etc.

Comment

Remember that if it is a 100% "off road" bike with no ability to be registered, then it doesnt have to meet the ADR's. So the importers can basically bring in anything. Even if it is a road registrable version, passing ADR's is no indication of a quality product or that it will work for more than 1 day after you buy it.

Comment

yeah ive had i little to do with the chinese quads through work and they are the biggest con/rip off ive ever seen. same goes with the bummers etc... are they boss machinery or zongshen or sum shit?

Comment

edit.............. without using the edit button LoL

gotta be wary of parts back up for the sons of bitchs , coz how it normally works is the factory/ tin shack they come out of only sell the disributors spare parts as bikes
                        example.... buy fifteen bikes get 3 extra for parts. so what happens when they come out with a common fault and the first 3 people who have purchased 1 have already had to replace that same part that is sure to fail again?
                        thats how they honour warranty

feel sorry for people who dont know any better and throw hard earnt coin down the dunny on them

Comment

my 2 cents

Let me share an experience with you regarding Chinese made products.
                          Pure and simple………they do not have to meet any quality or control regulations we in the west do.
                          If your riding along and your brand new bike snaps if half and now your in a chair its your bad luck, go chasing the manufacture and they will laugh at you and tell you to rack off.
                          I know this from experience, I work in an industry where we supply a quality product to the mining industry.
                          A Chinese made similar product was used on site to save $$$ (not supplied by us), person got killed, company chased manufacture, manufacture said piss off not our fault, importer go held responsible, now policy in place NO CHINESE MADE PRODUCT ON SITE
                          Chinese product = shit
                          Buy reputable brand, save time, money and your life.

Comment

Originally posted by mizer View Post
                            Let me share an experience with you regarding Chinese made products.
                            Pure and simple………they do not have to meet any quality or control regulations we in the west do.
                            If your riding along and your brand new bike snaps if half and now your in a chair its your bad luck, go chasing the manufacture and they will laugh at you and tell you to rack off.
                            I know this from experience, I work in an industry where we supply a quality product to the mining industry.
                            A Chinese made similar product was used on site to save $$$ (not supplied by us), person got killed, company chased manufacture, manufacture said piss off not our fault, importer go held responsible, now policy in place NO CHINESE MADE PRODUCT ON SITE
                            Chinese product = shit
                            Buy reputable brand, save time, money and your life.
                            The issue is NOT with the product being made in China. The problem is with the dodgy companies as well as the OZ importers. Many (ie basically all) of the Japanese and European manufacturers have parts and even whole models made in China (or other Asian countries) - they still employ the same quality control procedures that they use in Japan, its just with a different workforce.

So 'made in china' does not necessarily = bad.

Comment

Originally posted by shmoo View Post
                              The issue is NOT with the product being made in China. The problem is with the dodgy companies as well as the OZ importers. Many (ie basically all) of the Japanese and European manufacturers have parts and even whole models made in China (or other Asian countries) - they still employ the same quality control procedures that they use in Japan, its just with a different workforce.

So 'made in china' does not necessarily = bad.

Yeh of course a Kwaka/Honda/Suzi part made in china is going to have the backing of the Japanese companies and its quality control

But WHO FLUNG DUNG MOTORCYCLES is not going to have any quality control

Chinese owned and made product = shit
                              Last edited by Mizer; 28-02-2008, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X