Info sought on aftermarket gear....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info sought on aftermarket gear....

Hey guys a few items I'd like some info on from the guys on here....
    Also...best price or best brands....

Sprockets - Whats the go, what best suits...do I need a specific use to change ???

Digital Gear Indicator - Is there really any benefit apart from potentially stopping you looking like a twat on the freeway when you go to find that elusive 7th gear =)

Rearsets - Again...is there any real benefit than stock ???

Cheers
    "Continuous effort--not strength or intelligence--is the key to unlocking our potential." - W. Churchill

Go and see Mark at MDH tuning he does the AFAM chain and sprocket kits . If u want a recommendation for the quality of AFAM sprockets thats what Doohan and Rossi use on there race bikes !!!!!!!!. The kit for your bike will set u back about $350

Comment

IMHO Gear Indicators are for clown shoes.

New sprockets and chains - depends if you are going up or down teeth to make the big faster or wheelie easier.

Rear sets will save you weight over stock, look trick and the better ones are adjustable to allow either standard or race shifting, as well as adjustable peg height etc for comfort, pricey tho.

Comment

if you know someone with some rearsets you might find a machinist who's willing to make you a copy?!
        No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

if you know someone with some rearsets you might find a machinist who's willing to make you a copy?!
          Now that is an interesting idea.
          Wow what a coincindence Spun, you have the same bike as I do

In the future I will be getting rearsets for Gixxie. Will make things a bit more comfortable. Im guessing you haven't ridden a bike with rearsets before, tis great. I love em!

Check ebay, atm there are a few sets of rearsets for sale to fit the gixx 750 (vortex for $450 US). There are some braided lines and wave rotars. Ohh and a a corban seat for $95 US.

Comment

IMHO Gear Indicators are for clown shoes.

So is falling off ya bike on a country run! :oops:
            Tex, Leroy and myself use the gear indicator on our race bikes, good for setting up Spocket gearing and trying different gears through corners. As for street use, don't know. 8)

Comment

also for avoiding that embarrassing "oops i'm not in first gear" traffic light situation....good for those people doing thier tests perhaps?
              No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

www.revlimiterracing.com ....have some nice rearsets ..

http://www.revlimiterracing.com/Merchant2/...0&Store_Code=RR

$449.49 USD is about $580 odd AUD.
                Some say he eats sidchrome for breakfast

Some say he only showers on even days of the week

Some say he put an R1 motor in a coffee machine

All we know is he's Hewie.

Comment

tricktape.com also have some rear sets also try mickhoneracing.com..

Thinking of getting some myself some Moriwaki rear sets..

http://www.mickhone.com.au/moriwaki/moriwa...d_mick_hone.htm

www.tricktape.com/

Hope it helps..

"Nothing to see here move along"

Comment

Try US ebay for rearsets esp if its for the Gix. Just picked up a set of fully adjustable "Attack" rearsets for less then genuine suzook items which I managed to mangle at the recent track day :oops: Haven't put em on yet but they have a shit load of settings so I am bound to find something that suits my height better.

Just note, if most after market rearsets are like mine you will not have a rear break light switch... easy enough to add if you need i suppose. Also they are not sprung.
                    Will you insure me?!

Comment

Working...
                    X