• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rev Light

what do you guyz think of this..

im gona chuck it on my cibby cost all up will be around $150
    i reckon it will be a nice little bling mod usefull too

if ya want one too heres the link http://www.cr-x.org/cbr250/forum/topic.asp...?TOPIC_ID=19738 just dont get one before me grrr
    or maybe if thiers a few wanting them we can all share the shipping wich is only $8 but some people here are tightarses im sure

Personally, if your looking at the dash, your not watching the road...

Stick it on the outside, then everyone can enjoy it...
    Aim high and consider yourself worthy of great things

Comment

I think that ranks as just about the gayest thing I've seen all year.

No offense Deza mate, but it isn't useful. Anyone who actually needs one of those to know what revs they are at is a future shoes winner for sure.

Comment

a shift light is all you need deza,but if its the 250RR then its no use as it will be lit up all day long.those little 250,s keep going and going until BANG

Comment

yea but could be a good seeling point to say a new person to bikes which less face most people after all the bling they can get

Comment

Leave it off !!!

Thats why you have ears (change when noise is unbearable)

But if you must each to there own.......

"Nothing to see here move along"

Comment

sounds utterly useless to me. I have had my 2fiddy for a few months now and i dont look at my tacho or spedo nearly at all since the most important thing is ya eyes to be looking up. Any bling to distract u is probably not the wisest move.

Comment

spend the money on a gear display.

I always forget what gear i'm in.... :oops:

Comment

Not sure about the usefulness:distraction ratio here Deza. I can tell from the posts of late that your lovin your bike & riding, and that's great. But really you've just got to get out there and the k's on the clock for while before you worry about mods etc. The old KISS applies to bikes as well.

With the 250s you can't over rev it I don't think, well, they sound like they idle at about 9000 rpm! So just open it up, and kick them up through the box, count up/count back, no biggy. If you can't concerntrate on your gearing how you gonna manage traffic etc? You know your gonna fuck up your first bike one way or another!!

Or you could get a small disco ball to hang near the lights and enjoy the refraction on your visor.

Spend the $150 on beer and invite us! Much better use.
                  222 Loctite doesn't taste too bad.

Comment

Or you could get a small disco ball to hang near the lights and enjoy the refraction on your visor.

hmmm but then i ask you this rebecca where will my fluffy dice go huh??!! where will the fluffy dice go, its just tooo hard to mod these dayz

Comment

hmmm but then i ask you this rebecca where will my fluffy dice go huh??!!  where will the fluffy dice go, its just tooo hard to mod these dayz
                      On the back of your helmet, use double sided taped. That's where my fluffy dice are anyway! This way it helps with your lean angles, if can see your own fluffy dice, kiss your arse goodbye.
                      222 Loctite doesn't taste too bad.

Comment

u gonna get some of those "balls for bikes" or whatever they are too?
                        I saw the thread for these on the cibby forum too (been a member since I wanted a lil cibby) and whilst It might bling up your bike a bit, I see it as a major waste of money for that much dough.

I learned to ride on dirt bikes, and you have no idea what the actual rpm you are doing is (in fact, i've always wanted to know what the max rpm of my bike was) and I think you would ride a lot better if you didn't sit looking at your tacho. I fitted one in my car because I wanted to know what I rev it to, but i never really look at it while driving, and i fitted the smallest plainest one i could find, without a shift light, as i think if you need a shift light to tell you when to change on the street you aren't the best driver....(although i can see potential for it on the strip, to stop you getting a little over excited and revving out past peak power to try and keep ahead of your opponent....)

an interesting and wierdly related issue - my girlfriends lil bro has recently started driving lessons with an instructor, and the first time he came back, he said the lesson was really strange. I asked him why, and he replied that the instructor had told him not to listen to the revs, but to pick a landmark on the road and change gears when he got to it.

worst bit of advice i've ever heard in my life, but i guess maybe has potential for drivers who get over anxious about revs and change too early...
                        No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

Why do you need one of these when you already have a perfectly good tacho?I think money would be better spent on a shift light or a gear position indicator and even these arn't realy nessessary. :roll:

Comment

I say if you want it get it. Its relatively cheap for a mod and if it makes YOU happy that all that matters!

Its usefulness is more than likely limited to bling as you will end up feeling and listening to your bike as the revs climb anyway (good fun too!), but who cares if YOU like it go for it. Either way, it will be a cute thing to show off to the booty in northbridge or scarbs and a pretty thing for a pillion to look at/distract them from the speed you are doing whilst lane splitting up the highway :shock:

*goes back to counciling*

Comment

i didnt really think so many people would get cut about the idea its just a coupla lights , ofcourse i listen to the bike how can i not my 250 with a roo pipe at 18k revs isnt exactly quite and these lights are much easyier too read out the corner of your eye then with the tacho wich you have to look down at to see. i only posted because i thought someone else would be intrested aye, everyone is ravin about them on the other forum , but i do understand it is only bling :twisted:

Comment

Working...
                              X