No announcement yet.

Rev Light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you run into problems with supercharger drives. you need to make a custom side cover and put a pulley out the side of the engine then mount the supercharger somewhere so the 2 pulleys sit in line with each other, need a tensioner setup for the belt and then gotta fit shrouds to make it at least semi legal and to stop yourself getting tangled in the belt.
    all worth it for the awesome gilmore belt whine you get though
    where with a turbo it's just some fabrication for the exhaust and intake tubing plus oil and sometimes coolant lines. all rather easy in comparison.
    what would happen, if this were gone, would you be there, for how long. . . . . .

Comment

hi deza, i am gonna put my 2 cents in here....

get the thingamajig yuo want. make your bike a little different. if its good for you then do it.
      i hear what a lot are saying about it might distract you... yeah it might, but the novelty will wear off and you'll just be happy.

(i am ready to duck any comments that come my way) I really really wanted a clock on my bike. Yes, a clock, so I can tell if i am gonna be late for work and if I have to lane split ALL the way down Wanneroo road or just the biggies like ocean reef rd and hepburn. So, I got a little digital clock, with big digits so I dont have to peer at it. just a quick glance. and i superglued it ion the top of my dash under the fairing... I think it is so cool, and is exactly what i wanted. I ride better, cos i am not stressed about "what is the time, am i late?".

so, go for it

Peter

Comment

clocks on bikes are cool. i use mine all the time. it's stndard on the bike but it's a clock, odometer or one of 2 tripmeters. it's always set to clock for the same reasons as yours. it just means i know how long i have to get where i'm going.
        oh, and i can time how long it takes to get somewhere
        what would happen, if this were gone, would you be there, for how long. . . . . .

Comment

regarding the supercharger one of dads mates years ago did it to his honda (have no idea what it was) it was gear driven from where the starter motor went in to the flywheel and the starter motor was moved up a little. the oem airbox was removed and replaced with pod filters etc etc. bike went pretty good aparantely.

BTW the guy that did this was a engine builder and did all the work himself (not entirely sure the motor in it was actually a honda, he used to make alot of motors for custom work over east and over seas )

another place that would be good for a supercharger is inbetween the v on v twins and fours (and fives for that matter). in this scenario ive heard people heavily modifying the cam setup and the corresponding belt to drive the super charger.

personally though if you got that much money just buy a bigger bike when the time comes, though it would be fun to have the skills.

i got a cheap phone holder the other day from k-mart to hold the mobile so i could see the time easy and it works great, never had the phone wobble loose or anything (including 2 1/2 hours straight)
          Every one has a story.....

http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/foru...updates-82338/

Comment

Originally posted by Falcore@Jan 22 2005, 10:24 AM
            i got a cheap phone holder the other day from k-mart to hold the mobile so i could see the time easy and it works great, never had the phone wobble loose or anything (including 2 1/2 hours straight)
            [snapback]87862[/snapback]
            hehe yea and now you can sms while riding

Comment

Working...
            X