Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Braided Lines Building - Possible in Perth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Braided Lines Building - Possible in Perth?

I remember seeing an ad for someone round town in maybe the SUnday Times that did brake lines to custom length?

Anyone got any hot tips on where these can be bought from / ordered?

Recommend anyone?

Thanks.

Rob
    Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

prices from $45
    mobile: 0403434566
    never used them so cant tell you anything else.

remember this though,if you go to register a bike with braided lines on ,they have to have some sort of tag,ADR or something like this or they will not pass this.

Comment

I got Pirtek to make me up some 2 -3 years ago. But like Leroy said they have to ADR approved which pirtek can not do, but made them for me anyway (I new the fitter).

Comment

I remember hearing from someone a while back that the "Goodridge" ones are the only ones with the ADR certification. Might have changed since tho.
        If you can... you MUST!

Comment

I remember reading that perth brake parts do braided lines (i think it was in their ad) but I dont know if they do them for bikes.

I'd like to know this as well. I guess for insurance reasons it would be best to get ADR lines tho.....
          No amount of genius can overcome a preoccupation to detail.

Comment

I remember hearing from someone a while back that the \"Goodridge\" ones are the only ones with the ADR certification. Might have changed since tho.
            goodridge have the tag but not sure if any others do.there is only goodridge that most people use and if its galfer etc that is from the states so id assume theres no tag.
            for insurance i dont think it matters though because i have bought a couple of bikes which had no name brand lines on them so the owners were obviously paid out :roll: i think if you had a front end accident and said you couldnt stop or something silly like that then im thinking your up shit creek :shock:

Comment

I remember hearing from someone a while back that the \"Goodridge\" ones are the only ones with the ADR certification. Might have changed since tho.
              goodridge have the tag but not sure if any others do.there is only goodridge that most people use and if its galfer etc that is from the states so id assume theres no tag.
              for insurance i dont think it matters though because i have bought a couple of bikes which had no name brand lines on them so the owners were obviously paid out :roll: i think if you had a front end accident and said you couldnt stop or something silly like that then im thinking your up shit creek :shock:
              I'm pretty sure I saw an add for Gaffler in the back of AMCN showing ADR compliance.

Comment

from www.galfer.com.au
                GALFER Galfer hoses meet or exceed the following standards, tests and requirements: SAEJ 1401, UNE 26-399-89, ISO 3996 and soon FMVSS106 and ADR7. All hoses are individually tested to 3000 PSI and the hose itself has a burst pressure of over 13000 PSI.  

i'm assuming thats ADR compliance

p.s. I just emailed greg moon from Galfer in regards to this, so i'll let you know what I find out

Comment

[quote] and if its galfer etc that is from the states so id assume theres no tag.

I'm pretty sure I saw an add for Gaffler in the back of AMCN showing ADR compliance.

thats why i said ASSUME :roll:
                  im sure there would be a couple more that would be ADR approved but WHO CARES :shock: goodridge would have to be the best quality and you get the most choices in colours,something like 18 i think :roll:

Comment

cost factor?

Comment

check this out. from $99 a line, ADR compliant
                      http://www.mickhone.com.au/Acessories/Brai...ded%20Lines.htm

Comment

[im sure there would be a couple more that would be ADR approved but WHO CARES :shock: goodridge would have to be the best quality and you get
                        That would be your favorite saying at the moment "who cares" Does that mean everyones opinion does not sit well with your own?? :oops: 8)

I work with Hydralic pressure lines at work, were we supply and fit and test. and a lot of them are braided, if you compare a standard pressure line to a braided pressure line, thats were the expansion factor comes in to play (heat / pressure), big difference. As for one braided hose to another, nothing in it! unless you are like Leroy were colour makes a difference, they work the same (based on same rating).
                        Going back to 1994 /95 when the Ducati 916 came out with braided lines, they would not register the bike due to braided lines, there reason for this was if your were in an frontal accident you may grimp the braided line and the lines will fail :shock: WTF if your in a frontal accident your not going to be riding anywhere :idea:

But like Leroy said, if they are not ADR approved and tagged, an insurance claim may be declined.

Comment

That would be your favorite saying at the moment "who cares" Does that mean everyones opinion does not sit well with your own?? :oops: 8)

I

i apologise for leading some people astray :cry: i will leave that to the expert hose fitter MR RIDLEY

Comment

I

i apologise for leading some people astray :cry: i will leave that to the expert hose fitter MR RIDLEY
                            hehehe
                            I'm no expert, I rely on my Mechanical Supervisors :? I'm just the fucked up boss that tells them what to do 8)

But one thing I do know, when they leak they scare the life out of ya :shock: Do you remeber that, first race of the season :oops:

Comment

Thanks heaps for the info guys. A bloody good resource this thread turned out to be.

I'll let ya know how I get on, but I will give that bloke a ring.

Thanks again.

Rob.
                              Increasing my carbon footprint - one 500 @ a time...

Comment

Working...
                              X