Cutting down a carbon fibre muffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dwillia View Post

How did you go? and nice to meet you - sorry I was the walking dead!
    So! finally all done, what a mission. disassembly wasn't too bad, but the cutting was a bit of a mission, the inner tube to the carbon was a lot tougher and has a like steel wool weave too, didn't do a perfect job but at's all on the inside now haha. Main muffler section was 35cm now 18cm, so JUST over half as big. That big bag of packing you gave me, ALL of it fit into the shortened can, just kept packing tighter and tighter.

The bike sounds INCREDIBLE now. I was expecting a volume increase, and at idle/cruising rpm/throttle it really isn't much louder at all, but boy under hard acceleration it has much more of a bark to it and the whole note/tone has changed drastically and it sounds WILD. I am incredibly happy with the result. The bloke that helped me do it also fixed my quickshifter cable, so with that working again, new bars on and the new Zorst, you better believe the ride home was cheeky.

many thanks again everyone for the advice along the way, and big shout out to dwillia for gifting the packing!

Last edited by frenchie; 05-08-2019, 08:41 AM.
    Originally posted by boeman
    Well it wouldn't have been fair to have a beard, a hot young missus AND a nice bike, now would it?

I mean fuck, im not a selfish cunt.
    Originally posted by Chuck Steak
    Well fuck off then. And wherever you decide to fuck off to, keep telling them Perth is a shithole - it may help minimise the number of fuckwits/arseholes (can’t decide which word is more appropriate ) that move here.

Comment

Working...
    X