Wheel polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheel polish

Hi. I want to get my rims polished. I currently have an mt09 with blue rims. The problem is in some light they look purple and hideous. Also people accuse me of being a freo supporter.
    I want to get the outer part of the wheel polished up but I don’t know who to talk to about it or how it even gets done. Anyone had it done in the past?
    The bitter taste of poor quality last long after the sweetness of cheapness has gone

Hi. your in luck mate, I think I could help you on this one. this one time.................................. a while back..............i had polished rims on my murdercycle........................ and I changed them to a hideous purple because people didn't know i was a docker supporter.

also this is how you attach a picture :

your welcome !

hope that helps.

I cant help it if your perceptions don't match my reality

Comment

You could do like I did last night leaving the Optus stadium when I zipped me bike jacket up over my purple shirt.

Rattlecan black would do the same thing.
      The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

The colour is candy apple blue...some Yamahahaha riders call it blurple because of the aformentined confusion in some light...The paint comes off fairly easilly...I found out when I dropped the rear caliper on the wheel when removing it to fit a new tyre causing me to have to get a rattle can from Malaga. I would imagine a bit of elbow grease and some fine wet and dry will get the results you want.
        Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Originally posted by BusaSteve View Post
          The colour is candy apple blue...some Yamahahaha riders call it blurple because of the aformentined confusion in some light...The paint comes off fairly easilly...I found out when I dropped the rear caliper on the wheel when removing it to fit a new tyre causing me to have to get a rattle can from Malaga. I would imagine a bit of elbow grease and some fine wet and dry will get the results you want.
          Maybe you should swap rims, you get a pristine one and as he want's to remove the purple anyway he's part way there
          #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
          Originally posted by Phildo
          Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
          Originally posted by filbert
          i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
          Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Mine has a fairly new Bridgstone on it....dont want the crappy Dunlop OEM rubbish thankyou!
            Smoke me a kipper...I'll be home in time for breakfast

Comment

Mine are brand new bridgstones. Thanks anyway.
              The bitter taste of poor quality last long after the sweetness of cheapness has gone

Comment

Interested to here if anyone can genuinely help biscuits out here with a recommended wheel polishing service. I have an alloy rim that I wouldn't mind getting polished and would like to hear about peoples experiences. As I write this though it occurs to me it has probably been commented on numerous times in other threads over the years.
                The body is weak and needs to be punished!

Comment

Originally posted by Westfall View Post
                  Interested to here if anyone can genuinely help biscuits out here with a recommended wheel polishing service. I have an alloy rim that I wouldn't mind getting polished and would like to hear about peoples experiences. As I write this though it occurs to me it has probably been commented on numerous times in other threads over the years.
                  There are numerous threads on PSB, however I couldn't get old results on PSB's search feature. A google search sorta worked: Click here

Wheelgleam in Osborne Park is good, theny polished some old aluminium Ducati racebike parts- came up like a mirror
                  9444 8338
                  22 McDonald St West
                  Osborne Park WA 6017
                  Refleks Metal Polishing (used to be in Malaga, they are in Bayswater now)
                  Ph: 9209 2835
                  Matt 0421 743 825
                  I've used these guys a few times for production work and they aren't bad. Often quite cheap.
                  - Mike

Comment

Thanks for your help guys. I tried the search feature but couldn’t find anything. I’ll give these guys a go. Thanks very much.

Comment

Working...
                    X