Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What helmet blue tooth units are people getting these days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What helmet blue tooth units are people getting these days?

After years of loyal service, my SMH10R’s battery has finally fallen over.
    During it’s life, I only used the intercom half a dozen times or so, it mainly served as a music player, and for taking calls etc during my daily trip to work.
    Before I go out and buy another Sena to replace it, are there any other options that I am missing? Particularly that provide good sound quality for music, while still managing calls, voice commands etc?
    Originally posted by Abraham Lincoln
    "The problem with internet quotes, is that you can never be sure they are real".

Replace the battery, theres a tutorial on here somewhere

I have a 10c thats still going strong

Comment

That was my first thought, however the 10R has an offset battery that doesn’t appear all that friendly re replacement. Interested to hear if any one has done it though. Need to replace the mic as well.
      "The problem with internet quotes, is that you can never be sure they are real".

Comment

Right now Uclear "motion" range is the highest quality with the best speakers, according to reviews. Also the only intercom that uses BT 5.0 at the moment.

Comment

I find the 10C OK, but sound quality struggles a bit and I'm tempted to go to a Bluetooth custom in-ear plug/speaker combo because I want to protect my hearing more. Sick of the wind noise drowning out the shitty speakers that are already at full blast...

Is a camera of any importance to you?

Comment

Camera is not required. A custom in ear setup could possibly work, any ideas on cost?

Comment

Not sure, I've only done some basic Googling on the subject so far. But I hear ProTec in Bicton are the shizz, I was gonna call them up in a few weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                Sick of the wind noise drowning out the shitty speakers that are already at full blast...
                There are tuned earplugs that cut down the "bad" noises such as wind but leave engine, intercom conversation and traffic noises almost normal.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                  Not sure, I've only done some basic Googling on the subject so far. But I hear ProTec in Bicton are the shizz, I was gonna call them up in a few weeks
                  Definitely Protech for quality and service. I've had 2 sets made since 2010. I do not ride without them. Even if it's a quick ride to the next suburb. Initial purchase price is "a bit up there" but you do get what you pay for. A great product that does last a long time, if you take the time to look after them. Matt is a great provider.

Originally posted by Viper
                  I'm probably fucking something up.
                  FOREVER RIDING WITH "DAVO" - FarRider #1

http://forum.fjr13.org/index.php
                  Administrator

Comment

I will call Mat at Protech tomorrow and see what options are available. Ideally would be b/t, with options to keep voice commands and phone conversations.

Comment

Originally posted by Hati View Post

There are tuned earplugs that cut down the "bad" noises such as wind but leave engine, intercom conversation and traffic noises almost normal.
                      Yeah, I'd heard of these too, from what I can tell from their website the ProTec ones do this. Will definitely be getting some, definitely worth it

Comment

Had a chat, the price is actually better than I expected for the b/t version. Sounds like I am probably gonna head down this route and book a fitting etc.
                        Thanks all.

Comment

I've got a Sena SRL in a Neotec 2. Used it once over a year ago because work. It is a good system and you'd expect it to be because it costs $gazillion. Sound over about 130 sucked a bit. Music quality at lower speed was good with built in speakers.
                          The crux of the biscuit is the apostrophe.

Comment

Working...
                          X