VTR250 Ignition Switch Wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VTR250 Ignition Switch Wiring

I have just picked up a 2007 VTR250 that needed a damaged ignition switch replaced. It came with a replacement switch (ebay aftermarket one).

But, the bike is a Japanese market model and the factory switch has 4 wires and a diode on the back. The ebay replacement only has 3 wires on the back. The wiring diagram in the English service manual only shows 3 wires to ignition switch.

I've wired it up except for the spare 4th wire (pink). The bike will crank but not start. I used a spark plug tester and there is no spark at the plug.

I can't find a Japanese service manual to check for a different wiring diagram. Does anyone have knowledge/experience with japanese market Honda ignitions. I want to know if the spare 4th wire is somehow stopping the system from firing.

Yep, it's a thing. Read about it, but haven't ever checked on how it works, this thread should shed a bit of light.
    https://www.fireblades.org/forums/el...et-diodes.html

Edit;

American Hondas didn't have a lot of the same security, like coded ECU's. The manual you're looking at and the switch you bought are probably both intended for the American market.
    Last edited by Mika79; 04-12-2019, 12:01 PM. Reason: Added more

Comment

Working...
    X