High Speed Judder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Speed Judder

My VFR1200X has developed a front ender judder at 180kph plus speeds (On private facility only of course ) Its not a side to side wobble like a tankslapper, but more like its going over corrugations. What is the best way to start eliminating things?
    You put the c*nt in country run

Originally posted by Cbr1k View Post
    My VFR1200X has developed a front ender judder at 180kph plus speeds (On private facility only of course ) Its not a side to side wobble like a tankslapper, but more like its going over corrugations. What is the best way to start eliminating things?
    Get a new tyre and balance before you crash it ​​and can you post a picture of the tyre on here ta.

Comment

I would definitely be having the wheel balanced at a minimum, changing tyre if it's got any wierd wear pattern. While the wheel is off check the bearings and replace if anything doesn't feel right, they're cheap as so if you don't know just change them.

Comment

Is the tyre scalloped or anything noticeable like that? I'd be surprised if the wheel bearings are stuffed given that at max it's 7 years old
        I haven't changed the wheel bearings on my BB and it's 21 years old with 160k+ km's
        Do you have a top box or anything like that on the bike? Unlikely given the style of bike but you never know
        #1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
        Originally posted by Phildo
        Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
        Originally posted by filbert
        i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
        Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Para's posts in a nutshell:

Just teasing Para - Happy New Year!

Comment

Originally posted by pnork View Post
            Para's posts in a nutshell:

Just teasing Para - Happy New Year!
            Ha ha all good, Happy New Year to you and everyone else on PSB as well

#1 Gold Ticket Holder for the Barfridge Fan Club
            Originally posted by Phildo
            Noted. We'll check back on that one in three years
            Originally posted by filbert
            i'll pretend you didn't know she was 13

98 BADASS TITANIUM BLACKBIRD - Past bikes 1982 XS250 Yamaha & 1983 CB750F with 900 motor
            Ozblackbird.net Administrator

Comment

Working...
            X