Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZZR250 mechanical help needed

Hi guys,

Recently got my L's and bought a Kawasaki ZZR250 as my first motorbike, I've always been a car guy and I'm pretty good with them technically. But never had anything to do with bikes before so got no idea. My bike needs a few things sorted out. Wondering if there was anyone that could be recommended to do repairs for me.

-Went to change oil and found that sump plug does not tighten, thinking it must have been overtightened previously. Any tips on what I should do?
    -When draining the oil it seemed that oil had fuel in it. Not sure why but thinking it might need a carby service etc.
    -Need to get bike over pits so need it checked.

Any advice is much appreciated.

What area are you located in? Are you able to get it to a workshop or do you want it done at your house?

Comment

Originally posted by Water pig View Post
      What area are you located in? Are you able to get it to a workshop or do you want it done at your house?
      Hi mate, located in The Vines... but can transport it to a workshop in a van.

Comment

Derek Ball mobile mechanic 0438 926 511.

Comment

Your going to need a helicoil or timesert and carby rebuild as you suggested.

Best to leave both to experts.
          "Some people are like clouds. When they disappear it's a beautiful day"

Comment

Originally posted by Halo_2 View Post
            Your going to need a helicoil or timesert and carby rebuild as you suggested.

Best to leave both to experts.
            Booked it into Kawasaki Vic Park, they going to organise a helicoil and do a carb rebuild etc. Cant wait to get her on the road 😀

Comment

Just remember shiney side up!🙂
              Harvey community radio has a motorcycling show listen over the web here www.harveycommunityradio.com.au ,Facebook here http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mo...34691323302991 yes I am the goose that hosts it.

Comment

Working...
              X