Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust & Maybe Oil Issue?

hey ppl
    this morning when i started my GPX i noticed some "black shit" on the ground under the exhaust. i stuck my hand under there and found that there was a hole becuase my hand came back covered in crap anyway, the whole is where the black pipe joins the silver "can" i spose you could say so im guessing the black stuff is carbon or something but not oil (well im hoping its not oil :shock: ) because the gases havent passed through the actual can yet? is that what yous reckon too?

ALSO, the last couple of mornings, when ive started her up for the first time the oil light comes on 2 or 3 times whereas it only used to come on once. theres plenty of oil in there so im guessing that maybe when its a bit colder that it needs more of a warm up time for the oil to get circulating or wld there be a more sinister issue?

hopefully my warranty is still current...thanks for your time

Re: Exhaust & Maybe Oil Issue?

hey ppl
    this morning when i started my GPX i noticed some "black shit" on the ground under the exhaust.
    Nothing to worry about, thats just the Kawasaki 'signature'.
    ...having dinner with KARMA tonight...

Comment

im pretty sure gpx's have a oil vent pipe that if it gets blocked it backup and go into the airbox, and will then seap out. Read plenly of articles about it and i dont think that its a major issue. But still get it checked out. Just ride past a dealer and get em to take a look.

But like Blade_954 said, it a signature kawaka problem

(\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(")

Comment

cheers people
        so what do u think about the oil light coming a couple of more times than usual? it only does it when i first start it in the morning. after work (9 hrs later) it doesnt do it?

Comment

Re the oil light. Mine used to come on for a little while longer than you would expect in the mornings too. It would go away once we she was warmed up/started moving. It was wierd. This would happen no matter what the oil levels, twas just a GPX thing. Its more exasperated on slight inclines and cold mornings - just double check your oil levels to be on the safe side.

Congratulations on owning suck a wikkid bike! GO DA GPX!!

Comment

lol thanks gpx_gal
            dont know how much longer ill have it for, im going to check out the new zx6r when it lands 8)

Comment

ok, ive got another question :shock:
              last couple of days when i pull the clutch and shift down a gear, as i take the pressure of the gear leaver i can hear a slight "metal scratching noise" coming somewhere from the rear of the bike? any ideas? cheers!

Comment

this was happening to me after my bike was left in the rain at uni. Every time i used the clutch there was a nasty metal-metal sqeuul that sounded like it was coming from my right and behind me. I finally traced it down (once i wasnt riding) to be the clutch lever dry from grease, and causing the squeel.

Weird coz i could sworn that it was coming from beninh me, but there itwas, right in fronth of my eyes/hand.

So i suggest that you might be having a similar problem. Test it standing off you bike and not running, and hopefully this will be the cause. Anything internal is going to be $$, but also unlikely.

Another note on GPX's, and zzr clutches for that matter. some knub on the deisgn team has but a 90deg bend in the cable just after the leaver. Unless you keep the cable well lubricated, you'll find that the cable will snap, right at the bend.

(\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(")

Comment

checked out my chain n its fukd so ive got to get a new one. any ideas on what i shld be paying for a chain n sprocket? thanks

Comment

china & sprocket set, about $200 ish probably

(\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(")

Comment

yeah $220, its booked in this arvo...

Comment

Working...
                      X